The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Engine Upgrades
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

tdi conv`

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: tdi conv`
    Posted: 01 May 11 at 18:34
well i well stuck in to it now. stuck being the operative word.

is it best to machine down the flywheel to clear the starter or clearance the starter? and

what throttle cable do you guys use. i`m converting from a petrol so w`boxer cable is miles too short. i have the rhd 2wd derv cable from the doner van but my van is lhd syncro so i dont want to go to the bother of pulling it off to find its no good.

the little this take so long to sort out   Ermm

cheers lee
it`s a big round cage but there`s too many animals in it for my liking.to address this ring lee on 07977 765818.
monsho View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monsho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 11 at 19:40
Take a wee bit off the stub of the starter, should clear...

Throttle cable?  Tdi - are you putting the throttle potentiometer at the acc pedal end or in the engine bay?
..lee.. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 11 at 20:23
sorry. Mtdi.
it`s a big round cage but there`s too many animals in it for my liking.to address this ring lee on 07977 765818.
ELVIS View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Silence is golden, gaffa tape is silver

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ELVIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 11 at 20:29
i just used an RJES cable for my Gti
Www.justgiving.com/ELVIS-SUMMERS

..lee.. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 11 at 20:51
cheers elvis. neil just suggested the same, he`s very happy with his.
ELVIS View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Silence is golden, gaffa tape is silver

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ELVIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 11 at 22:37
£40  and its a spot on piece of kit. It was a tad short for gti but the throttle body sits right against side firewall and i had to run it across the bulkhead under the hatch.

Reckon it will be bob on for mtdi. I know of the company that makes em and they are shit hot. Not some bodged together piece of crap- you can tie a full knot in them and they still work!!
Www.justgiving.com/ELVIS-SUMMERS

VW Nerd View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VW Nerd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 11 at 17:10
LHD and RHD cables are not the same length.

I would recommend using the factory diesel cable, in your case LHD. If it ever lets you down you can replace with off the shelf item without any bother.

Tim.
Developing parts for the VW T3 TDI market Inc flipped audi gearbox install parts.

Tim Shettle
www.ultimate-engineering.co.uk
Bristol

Tel/txt 07810 320 464

AFN TDI Panel Van
 Post Reply Post Reply