The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LT interior facelift

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speshulbrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LT interior facelift
    Posted: 03 Apr 11 at 17:21
http://s239.photobucket.com/albums/ff131/fimmyjoster/LT%20interior%20facelift/LT%20interior%20facelift/
bin doin a bit of work on the bus if anyone wants a  look see,i think  this link is correct,progress is slow but we,re getting there,a got some vohringer ply from fleabay for the toilet compartment,will add photos to this album as the work progress,s          Big smile    spesh
t'onion View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t'onion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 11 at 21:30
What the swivel base from ? 

Looking good BTW
LT28 Westfalia FloRida, 2.4 diesel

miserable fooker

Speshulbrew View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speshulbrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 11 at 22:13
swivel base wuz in already mate,its a big fkn heavy thing with a slot for an armrest,i wish the drivers seat swivelled as well ha ha
t'onion View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t'onion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 11 at 07:44
Any name on the base ?
any chance of some more pictures of it and how is it fasten to the van and the seat ?
and how high does it rise the seat ?
 sorry about the million questions but the only other swivel I've seen fitted is here http://www.mkmueller.de/florida/christian/index.htm#Drehkonsolen%20an%20den%20Vordersitzen

Thinking about getting one for mine

Edited by t'onion - 04 Apr 11 at 07:48
LT28 Westfalia FloRida, 2.4 diesel

miserable fooker

Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speshulbrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 11 at 17:46
hi mate,al try and get some photos this week,theres no name on the seat,i think it was  done by whoever did the conversion,it looks quite simple tho,the seat is raised a bit .I,ll post some pics by the end of the week                                        spesh
AndyT View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 11 at 16:20
Curious mate as to why the unit on the left is so high, blocking the windows.
You've made good use of the hi-top for storage, which I can't cos mines a pop-top, so there must be a reason.
Units look smart, where did you get them from please, as I need to replace the interior of my old bus, assumming the old girl passes her mot in june.

Cheers

Andy
LT28 1979 2.0 Pampas Nevada Camper LPG 93K, 1980 T3 A/C Camper 98K,1994 RRC 3.9 LPG 120k , 1998 Audi A6 Est 2.5 V6 diesel 127k

Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speshulbrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 11 at 22:55
Andy i  raised the cooker and sink unit cos whoever had  the van before must have been a midget(not that ive anything against midgets) so i had to take out overhead storage to give me  some more space  to work with,i,ve had the window next to the cooker blacked out because you can see the back of the unit from outside,i would like to put a blank panel in that window or something to cover it from the exterior but i havent  seen anything,the units were in already,i,m jus goin to change the handles for summat a  bit more modern,gunna recover all the door cards and get rid of that orrible brown cord,just on with  the plumbing at the mo,the gas and water pipes but its goin slow                         spesh
AndyT View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 11 at 23:38
Blank panel would be easy enough, just use the glass as a template and cut around it.
Orrible brown cord is truly orrible isn't it, got loads in mine and its got to go when I can afford it.
Just need to find a replacement at a sensible cost.
LT28 1979 2.0 Pampas Nevada Camper LPG 93K, 1980 T3 A/C Camper 98K,1994 RRC 3.9 LPG 120k , 1998 Audi A6 Est 2.5 V6 diesel 127k

Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speshulbrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 11 at 21:31
yeah nice one about the blank ,Andy,good idea i,ll certainly consider it            spesh
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speshulbrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 11 at 14:51
morehttp://s239.photobucket.com/albums/ff131/fimmyjoster/LT%20interior%20facelift/LT%20interior%20facelift/ photos,laminate floor down  spesh   
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speshulbrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 11 at 14:52
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speshulbrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 11 at 22:55
http://s239.photobucket.com/albums/ff131/fimmyjoster/LT%20interior%20facelift/LT%20interior%20facelift/      seats and cushions recovered,all electrics up and running,need to reroute sum gas pipes and reconnect,got sum stainless steel splashback for over the cooker,as well as sum plastic sheets for the toilet interior,we,re up the LAKES next weekend so the lightweight ply toilet compartment will have to wait                     spesh
stonio View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stonio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 11 at 00:47
I'm liking the floor, I need to do something with mine soon
LT31 2.4 Petrol 1984 Camper Conversion - My Obsession
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speshulbrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 11 at 15:06
http://s239.photobucket.com/albums/ff131/fimmyjoster/LT%20interior%20facelift/LT%20interior%20facelift/              started the toilet compartment,lined some of the interior with white plastic sheeting,wipe clean!nice ha ha!ply partition at the rear  of the van with access to the toilet cassette.My mates gunna make the the bathroom partition out of liteweight veneered ply in the next few weeks,routers coming out,i,ve got some push on edging trim and corner trims to go on as well as a push button nob for the bathroom door,got some stainless steel splashback for above the cooker.Fort William for the first week in August,then a week in Normandy,France in October cant freekin wait,got a driveaway awning for sale see for sale         spesh
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speshulbrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 11 at 20:35
toilet partition in,just need to  cut a slot and  put the knock on trim on  http://s239.photobucket.com/albums/ff131/fimmyjoster/LT%20interior%20facelift/LT%20interior%20facelift/                                     spesh
BigAl68 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAl68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 11 at 08:57
Looking good Jimmy. Have a good holiday. Did you sort out your accelerator pedal? Will try to pop round sometime.

Cheers

Allan Thumbs Up
1995 LT 35 Self Built Camper 2.4 TDI
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speshulbrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 11 at 16:00
yeah Al  one of the blokes at work welded it for me,were up Scotland now,its beautiful but the midges are out in force                          jimmy
Mad AL View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mad AL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 11 at 11:12
All that just to have a crap!! Nice job though, but if you extended the loo across the back like in Peepingheads Reimo you would get a good crapper and a spacious (beats struggling in a broom cupboard) shower with the bonus of an excellent view with the backdoors open for when yer feelin especially brave!!
mat_the_cat View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mat_the_cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 11 at 12:32
I don't know if it's just me, but I try and avoid using the loo in the van as much as possible. We're usually wild camping, so it's generally not a problem to just find a handy tree, using a spade if needs be so as not to spoil things for the next campers.
Mid engined, 6 cylinder, turbocharged 2 seater - it can only be a VW LT!
Mad AL View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mad AL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 11 at 12:54
Yer right, generally I do the same. Got rid of chem loo ages ago and now all trips are based around convenient loo stops; once yve got that sorted leaves only showers every-so-often to arrange, but what I like about the whole back section converted into a wetroom like in the Reimo is that i can hang wet gear like wetuits (I'm the occasional surfer) and ther's acres of room to rotate yer arms properly and not do yrself an injury - i'm 56, 5'10 and tearing cold cramped muscles as a live-on-board is a distinct and painfull certainty in the plymouth caravan conversion I've inherited!!
 Post Reply Post Reply