The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

baby seat in LT35 any1?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myrtletheLT35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: baby seat in LT35 any1?
    Posted: 31 Mar 11 at 20:51
hi there

jus wondering if anyone has any experience of putting a baby seat in a pre 84 vw lt?
any reccomendations or bits of advice?

thanks
myrtletheLT35 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myrtletheLT35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 11 at 20:57
sorry that should read pre 94 as its a 94 model Embarrassed
Andy K View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 11 at 22:25

Have you already got a double passenger seat?

If not, thats your solution.. Put the baby seat on the outermost seat with the 3 point inertia belt and with the missus in the middle. I've fitted a lapbelt for the centre seat as added protection. If the baby seat is gonna be rear facing though it may obscure the your nearside mirror, ours did.

The problem I'm gonna have very shortly is what to do with the 2nd baby seat.... (The current plan is to take the car as well!)

Andy

Edited by Andy K - 31 Mar 11 at 22:29
Nessie - 1985 LT40, 2.4 Petrol (6 Cyl) - Gone but not forgotten..
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myrtletheLT35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 11 at 08:38
cheers andy!

yeah a 2nd one, thought about that possibility too, thinkin maybe about getting a proper seat installed in the back when i do up the back as a camper - or maybe a car as well for the missus would be easiest.
what did you do about the mirror? its hard enough reversing already without loss of a mirror!

cheers bud Smile
dragonfire709 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragonfire709 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 11 at 22:50
Our 91 has a bench seat fitted. When our little one was in the rear facing seat we put her in the passenger seat and the missus was in the middle. As its a LHD it was a bit awkward to sometimes see in the mirror, and we weren't too happy about her being sat there.

We have now had a 3 point belt fitted to the middle seat so we should be ok for her forward facing seat.

Cheers

Roy
T4 Karmann Karuso

bibblybobs View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bibblybobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 11 at 07:19
I fitted the double cab seat and a 3 way belt in the centre on my 84 Lt. I also fitted a 3 point belt in back for my older daughter. Very easy.
1984 LT31 2.4 petrol Camper
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myrtletheLT35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 11 at 10:11
good stuff, anyone got a link to fitting a 3 way belt - or is it best to get it done professionally? ive got a double bench seat as well as the drivers seat but the middle seat is just a lap belt. Do you attach the extra point to the bulkhead or sommit?

thanks for the replies guysHug
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bibblybobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 11 at 16:10
I fitted mine, very easy.

I fitted the bottom (inertia) to the frame of the seat (bottom at back) and the shoulder section comes over the back of the seat. The other mountings are fitted to the same points as lap belt.

Hard to explain but I can add a photo if you like?

Thanks

Dan
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myrtletheLT35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 11 at 17:56

photo would be great if its not too much hassle

cheers mate
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bibblybobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 11 at 08:12
I'll do a short Youtube vid and post link today.
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bibblybobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 11 at 10:17
Sorry for the delay but here'e how I fitted the seat belt:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l82yRwav70I
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myrtletheLT35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 11 at 12:44
cheers mate, that such a top thing to put upClapgreat help
Germslayer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Germslayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 11 at 13:01
Like the restoration vid. Nice job!
Makes me feel like I have so little work to do!Wink
2006 LT35 2.5TDi SWB
1999 Skoda Felicia (I love 'em!)
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bibblybobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 11 at 22:17
Originally posted by Germslayer Germslayer wrote:

Like the restoration vid. Nice job!
Makes me feel like I have so little work to do!Wink
Thanks mate
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bibblybobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 11 at 22:19
Originally posted by myrtletheLT35 myrtletheLT35 wrote:

cheers mate, that such a top thing to put upClapgreat help
BigAl68 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAl68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 11 at 16:03
Cheers for that Dan, just ordered one. Will add it to my list of bits to put in.

Cheers

Allan  Thumbs Up
1995 LT 35 Self Built Camper 2.4 TDI
 Post Reply Post Reply