The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T4 Section. > T4 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1.9 van conversions ??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robere3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1.9 van conversions ??
    Posted: 28 Feb 11 at 21:58
Hi

still selling the t3, however we are interested in a t4 van 1.9 its done 100k with full service history, its up for £6595 its got two capt seats and plyed n carpeted in the back,

1 - does this seem a good deal onn the van
2 - how much will it cost for a base conversion ie still keeping double bed, with pod with smev cooker fridge leisure all that stuff,

any ideas our budget is around 10-11 k so should be able to get a fairly good conversion done would hope
jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 11 at 18:57
10 to 11k will buy you a 2.5 tdi with a conversion.

way better than a 1.9 and mappable to 130 bhp.....
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

mallott View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mallott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 11 at 12:35
seems a bit steep to me!

traversd View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
backlit splinter sack!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote traversd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 11 at 14:27
I would expect that sort of price with a good amount of the conversion done.......
Vanfest 2011 - Skittles Vodka
Camperjam 2011 tug n chug team
Camperjam 2013 - Lost to the Bodybuilders, but delivered in a Syncro
Tough Mudder - Fried Piggy For - Charity

So, Rae is a girl then yeah.
PETE.T28 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PETE.T28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 11 at 22:01
sellin my 1.9 800 spec for 3k, miles are a little more its got 18''s 60mm springs 'not fitted' 2 captains i could carpet and insulate for a bit extra a lot cheaper than 6 odd k its in the for sale section somewhereWink
MADMATT View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

twin turbo taff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MADMATT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 11 at 22:32
if yours selling a t3 to get a t4 at least get a 2.5 tdi.
robere3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robere3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 11 at 13:17
Finally made decision, got a 2003 2.5 888 tdi with 79k on the clock fsh, lowered to 55mm chipped and 18 inch r32 alloys   just needs to get a r n r bed in it, then away we go, got it for 9.3K in the end, so not bad I guess for a late t4 with the low mileage............... the 1.9 I looked at now seems v. expensive  ta all
PETE.T28 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PETE.T28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 11 at 22:17
How much!
Noncompusmentis View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noncompusmentis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 11 at 11:20
I don't get why everyone knocks the 1.9's. Confused

I have a 1.9td. It's great. It might not be a rocket ship, but it certain;y doesn't give me any cause for concern where speed is involved.

The price for what you are looking at sounds steep to me tho, sounds like it has some "surf-bus" added tax.

I paid about £4750 for our T4 in 2007. It was a 1.9td, completely stock, full service history but only 30,000 miles! The body work was clean as a whistle. While I thought I'd paid a fair chunk of cash for the van, I knew I had a good one.

Either buy a ready converted van, or see if you can find a van that hasn't been turned into a "surf-bus". If you buy a standard van, you can have someone like Mark as Mega Van Mats ply line and carpet the back out for £450. That'll leave you loads of cash to build the van as you want!

Just my thoughts like
Just off j35 M1.
wide View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 11 at 15:44
I guess at 30k miles it would be better. No the 1.9 isnt bad in my eyes either it sits at 65 just fine..... but hit a long gradient with a headwind with next to naff all in the van and down it plumets. And theres nothing there to find. I suppose at 143K miles mine would be less on power to 30k miler. I am thinking to try a de cat EGr thingy and filter to maybe liven it up. But no its not too bad
This T4 stuff is costly!!
solarboy View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solarboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 11 at 00:10
I've had both and did 200k in my 1.9. Was always gutless but was more economical. I'd go 2.5 anytime now though.
T4 2.5TDI builder wagon remapped to 117BHP.
also
T4 1.9TDI AHU Kombi

Bristol VRT double decker conversion.Donkey cart.
The Cornish van rat! View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Cornish van rat! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 11 at 18:48
I have a straight 1.9 with 220k on the clock,its mega gutless,but It gets me places 4 cheap,so it makes me happy :) defonatly nothing wrong with a 1.9.
Is anyone else like me in that the smell of P38 filler makes them alarmingly turgid?
 Post Reply Post Reply