The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

steering knock on T5.1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alanp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 15 at 16:19
steering knock on T5.1
My van has been back to my local dealer 7 times with this defect.
Our drivers refuse to drive it.
Empty van on 3/4 lock big knock.
Full van on same lock quite a shudder that causes the van to vere. With a louder bang.

The fault was reported on day 1.
Year 3 20,000 miles so low mileage.
Vw customer services claim that they have been working on a fix since 2010. The German technical team have still not fixed it.
As quoted by VW technical customer services. "Does the van run AND DRIVE. Yes WAS MY REPLY SO ITS FIT FOR PURPOSE.

A steering problem is a vehicle recall in my books.

V w customer services uk have said that if I am not happy with the vehicle I can all ways sell it.

What an arrogant company VOLKESWAGEN ARE.
I WOULD LI8KE TO SEE WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF THERE MANAGING DIRECTER HAD THE SAME ISSUES AS WE ARE ALL SUFFERING.
Alan
Alonline View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
VW Customer Service

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 15 at 18:10
I would take it to VOSA for inspection.

At least yours still goes and steers.

My EGR died accelerating up hill, 90% loss of power and I got rear ended on my trailer. VW say,"That is not a safety issue"

Only when someone is dead it might just qualify as a safety issue but I would assume it would require about 100 bodies before they would take it seriously.
Kai View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 15 at 08:57
A friend of mine had a 2013 140 T 30 with this knocking sound and the dealer said it was the cv grease needed changing. Apparently there was a technical bulletin at vw about it. Anyway changing the grease sorted his clunking sound.

My 180 caravelle had the EGR cooler replaced as part of its service. Vw are aware of it being faulty.

Don't get me started on steering problems though. My van had two racks, two pumps, some solinoid replaced and still was never truly fixed. The steering assistance would suddenly drop to what felt like 50% assistance half way round a round about making the steering go fecking hard. Was not nice. Ditched the van now and got another new one. Some people never learn :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910