The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > Syncro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

trakka syncro

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: trakka syncro
    Posted: 21 Oct 10 at 21:22
Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 10 at 21:23
No,you've lost me Lee?
vlux View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
' Jeffy '

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vlux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 10 at 21:25
Apparently someone on here bought it and is now stripping it of everything that makes it worth any money....s'all
Alan Hayes - Campervan Culture
e:al@campervanculture.com
m: 07967 010140

WWW.CAMPERVANCULTURE.COM
..lee.. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 10 at 21:26
is it your trakka. those wheels belong with that van. i think it will be sriously devalued if you loose the specific parts that make it what it is.
Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 10 at 21:27
They're just selling a set of wheels as far as I can see....rare wheels yes but they may just be fitting something else?
..lee.. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 10 at 21:33
sorry i disagree. a vehicle like that should be kept as is. change wheels remove bull bar if you really want to change the look of it but selling the parts off means its unlikely to be put it back to how it was intended to be. in the case of the trakka i feel its important. if you wanted to build a van to look a particular way ie not factory then build one up from something less important.

it seems i`m not alone in the way i feel and i wanted to say something before its too late.

lee.
Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 10 at 21:38
I see where you're coming from but it's the owners(mastersdom) choice after all....right or wrong.

vlux View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
' Jeffy '

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vlux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 10 at 22:21
Quote I see where you're coming from but it's the owners(mastersdom) choice after all....right or wrong.

Well, yes..of course. As long as the owner know what it is they are wrecking?

Im all for people modifying vehicles and making them their own (i have one myself) however, i also feel its a real shame to take this particular van to bits. There's a seriously limited amount of Trakka T3 conversions out there in the world, let alone a Trakka syncro that's somehow made its way to the UK.

I'd place money on it being the only one in the UK, possibly Europe.

Without those wheels and bull bar, its not an original Trakka anymore.

Its a bit like taking the the 4x4 running gear off of the Bay window syncro prototype so you can lower it.
Just buy another heap of a bay and lower that instead or trashing something with heritage...?

Edited by vlux - 21 Oct 10 at 22:22
Alan Hayes - Campervan Culture
e:al@campervanculture.com
m: 07967 010140

WWW.CAMPERVANCULTURE.COM
Rusty Dubnuts View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rusty Dubnuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 10 at 20:11
As a previous owner of the van I can say that as far as I'm aware, it is the only Syncro Trakka in the UK (there are at least 2 x 2WD) and the guy who runs the Ausi combi forums reckoned it was the best kept T3 Trakka he'd seen...all smarts a bit now Cry  I only sold it 'cos I wanted to customize a van and didn't feel it was appropriate to do it to the Trakka but as has been said, it's the owners perogative in the end.  From what I've heard of the new owners current plans, anyone with a Whitestar may be able to save him the job and the Trakka along the way.
Living the dream...
spg View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
ALIVE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 10 at 20:46
This is a bit fishy, the bumpers were up for sale a week ago on sleaze bay on a 3 day auction, got pulled  them only the front was for sale on a buy it now and sold within 10 mins. Now the rims are for sale... Is this going to turn into one of those, "Oh no my van has been stolen and it is a one off" sagas
1985 Fischer converted Syncro now running on LPG (sometimes)

1965 Split Panel (in bits)
Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 10 at 21:15
The new owners ebay buying feedback does suggest it's getting the "Whitestar" treatment....including non-genuine bumpers and a back window full of hideous stickers!
ELVIS View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Silence is golden, gaffa tape is silver

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ELVIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 10 at 22:26
Someone elses van , someone elses money.

Not like i give a fuck either way.
Www.justgiving.com/ELVIS-SUMMERS

shnez View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shnez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 10 at 21:55
Those wheels are by tsw. My dad had them on his audi 80 in the early 90's. 
..lee.. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 10 at 23:08
possibly not unique then.
Syncost Alot. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
horns apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syncost Alot. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 10 at 16:08
Originally posted by ELVIS ELVIS wrote:

Someone elses van , someone elses money.

Not like i give a fuck either way.

Come on E' its all about the Big Society these days!

I didn't think there was anyway a small conversion company would commission it own wheels, maybe just re-drilled, they'd of been better off putting some money into the interior build quality first. Dead 
Founder member of the "WESTERN FRONT VOLKSWAGEN KLUB".......membership no 0001
ELVIS View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ELVIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 10 at 00:18
But why should i really be bothered that someone has sold a van and put the money in their pocket and the new owner has decided to sell bits off it ?

What impact/effect does it have on my life/well being?

I treat the interent with the contempt it deserves. The day i cant get a hard-on as im worried about someone else selling shiney bits off their van is the day i cancel my internet.

Rusty Dubnuts View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rusty Dubnuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 10 at 20:39
Now appears to be safe. Wink  And Elvis can now get a good nights sleep without worrying...Oh, he was anyway. LOL

http://forum.club8090.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=76593&start=30
Living the dream...
..lee.. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 10 at 18:04
i feel a little bad now.     ish.

Edited by ..lee.. - 28 Oct 10 at 18:04
ELVIS View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ELVIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 10 at 21:59

Dont be.

I guess you could always wait until he is killed in a head on colision by an xmas drink driver , you can buy the slavage then i guess.

I was fortunate enough not to be born conscience.

Post Reply Post Reply