The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Westfalia forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Correct ampage wiring to the leisure battery

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theboycalledleaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Correct ampage wiring to the leisure battery
    Posted: 23 Aug 10 at 14:06
Hi,

I posted a thread a while ago about moving the leisure battery.
Some of the cables have shorted and melted under the drivers seat in the battery box and I'd like to replace them with the correct rated cables (amps).
1. Can anyone tell me the ampage of red/yellow going back under the sink to (I think) the split charger?
2. Can anyone tell me the ampage of red/ black from the relay back under the sink to (again I think) the split charger.

Many thanks......just want to get it right so I don't have a problem with the family on board.

Leaf.......'83 Westy 1.6D
Going slowly in a cloud of smoke
Joker_Club View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joker_Club Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 10 at 18:56
Originally wired with 2.5mm  cable, which is around 25 amp. I`d go with bigger if you`re renewing it all. 50 amp is what I`d be using, help with any voltage drop, also it`s possible that quite large current could be going to the LB (if it`s very flat) from the main battery when the split-charge relay kicks in, so make sure the relay is alos up to the job, 70 amp for good measure. Original charger (BBB) isn`t particularly high output.
Sunny Lancs
 Post Reply Post Reply