The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Westfalia forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Water sensor float kaput

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stefvan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Water sensor float kaput
    Posted: 19 Aug 10 at 21:35
My float on later type sensor (magnetic reed switches) its grey and round, it is full of water, i tried putting silicone sealant around the middle but it must be leaking up inside the ring. Refurb or replace ? Anyone done it, and any tips please before I get stuck in ? I have already done sbbfuk's mod on the sensor itself (which still works great - cheers !)
tia, Stefvan
badger View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 10 at 13:41
Try this post for info

http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/water-tank-depth-guage-fixed-that-too_topic13907_post133203.html?KW=Float#133203
1989 Westy California 1.9 AAZ
Stefvan View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stefvan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 10 at 15:36
Thanks for that Badger, I looked at the Deeter floats but couldn't find a suitable one because sbbfuk's mod increases the diameter of the casing to 10mm and most of Deeters floats have an inside diameter of 9.6 or something.. so I had a go at repairing it. I took the float and just twisted the two halves, it came straight apart. Looks like there was nothing to stop water coming in inside the central hole where the two halves meet so I basically made sure the two halves line up nicely and sealed it all up with aquarium sealant. After drying it all out thoroughly of course. Also, turns out theres a "right way up" to put the float and I may have reassembled it upside down after the mod .. I am pretty sure there is a little ring on the bottom of the float, where the magnet sits, and that should point down.
so working again... for now...

Stefvan
 Post Reply Post Reply