The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Westfalia forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

If your fridge wont work on gas

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bamba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: If your fridge wont work on gas
    Posted: 12 Aug 10 at 14:21
Remove the Jet & check the size (it will have number stamped on it) i have had problems with my fridge not working on gas since i bought my Joker in April, i have serviced the fridge & checked the gas pressure etc & it turns out the problem was the jet was too small, the original jet size was 22 so i have purchased a new jet which is a number 24 (the hole is a bit bigger) & hey presto my fridge works a treat on gas now.Big smile

Apologies for any daft questions, i have owned it for a while now & still keep finding niggling problems!!
Garrick T View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Garrick T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 10 at 15:46
where did you get your jet from? 
Fun Lovin Flat 4's V-Dub Club

Telford
Joker_Club View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joker_Club Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 10 at 16:12
Sure it wasn`t the 22 jet was just blocked / knackered / whatever and the new jet has cured it? Size 24 may be for the UK spec Dometic fridges that use a different gas regulator? German vans have 50 mBar regulators, UK spec regulators are 37 mBar
Sunny Lancs
bamba View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bamba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 10 at 16:45
The regulator looks the original but is only working at 42Mb so its somewhere in between the UK & German spec(the UK gas regs say a propane regulator working pressure is 37Mb +- 5Mb) so it may of been adjusted by a previous owner, the 22 jet was clear but the fridge just did not want to work, whether or not this is due to the 7Mb drop in working pressure i dont know but it works now so i am happy.
i got the new jet through e-bay from BJ Leisure, a bit steep at about £25 delivered but mustn't grumble.

Perhaps a previous owner adjusted the gas pressure to UK spec but did not replace the jet to compensate for the lower pressure.
Apologies for any daft questions, i have owned it for a while now & still keep finding niggling problems!!
Joker_Club View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joker_Club Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 10 at 14:02
Don`t think the regs are adjustable, so maybe it`s had a replacement UK spec reg put on it (or a blockage id dropping the pressure down to the 42 mBar you`ve measured) Anyhow, glad it`s fixed it for you. Thumbs Up
Think I`ll order a couple of dozen gas jets from Gunzl and then Ebay `em for £24.00, make a lot more with my money than the bank pays me in interest on my savings Smile
Sunny Lancs
 Post Reply Post Reply