The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

You're going to really hate me now!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lavender Camper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 10 at 20:18
Its pig ugly
Lavender Camper View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lavender Camper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 10 at 20:19
Its ugly 
Big-AL View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big-AL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 10 at 21:30
Originally posted by The Transporter The Transporter wrote:

Sadly I know of one guy who leases his vehicles who routinely has them clocked, he has a maximum mileage agreement and so has them wound back before sending them for services.... IE runs them for 20k, has them wound back and then sends them for service so on the face of it the mileage is genuine... I'm told that it is just as easy to clock a car as it is to clock a van and there are plenty of 54 plate cars with higher mileage than my van.

Just about every panel on my van has a dent or a scratch, it will be run 'till it is scrap so the issue of resale value to tradesmen is not so great, If I wanted to maximise my resale value, then I would lovingly wash, wax and cosset the damned thing but I wouldn't be able to get any work done. Get yourself down to the auctions and see what the true value of T5s are, the trade knows that they are a wheeled money pit, it is just the badge snobs who believe that the T5 can do no wrong. Yep I'll be happy to replace my van with a new Toyota when the time comes, sure they are a little utilitarian and bland but I know plenty of tradesmen who run toyotas and to them my T5 is a bit of a joke. They are fine for light work and occasional use provided that you wax them every other day  but that is about it.
 A  few of years ago  when I was a main Stealer !!   A   Trader  mate of mine asked me to double check  the mileage on a nice clean  1 owner from new  205  Diesel van , that we had been servicing , and that he had since bought from a Electrician ..

Turns out that the Van had a  "   Hair-Cut Wink  " of about 40 k ...    He  reported the then owner to trading standards, and they couldnt be less interested !!         Because this guy was non Motor trade, it was almost the traders fault , for being stupid they said ..

Whilst no one takes clocking as a serious  Problem , we have got no hope ..

"Big-AL doesn't do spelling, but if he did, he would rpobalbe be the best in the world"

2007 Kombi 130 Sportline
Alan Ranger
www.rangersgarage.co.uk
01980 655555
CLONKY View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLONKY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 10 at 07:13
Some time ago i had a car with very high miles and sold it as such in the local paper. Came to light a while after that the new owner had clocked it and moved it on,but not before doing a couple of quick changes of owner on the  V5c,no doubt in his mates names-which effectively meant that nobody could prove who had clocked it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234