The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1993 2.4 Diesel engine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andypb64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1993 2.4 Diesel engine
    Posted: 05 Jul 10 at 12:24
I am in the middle of changing the engine in my LT35. The old unit run but smoked heavily. Is it worth anything? I couldn't get a garage to look at it as either the van is too big or they were to busy.

I have stuck it on ebay but everyone is asking for a buy it now price and not bidding. All I know is it is getting in the way. Can anyone give me a ball park figure?

Regards,

Andrew 
paulr View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 10 at 11:40
Have you told them it smokes?

I don't think you will get much for it and if it was me I would keep it for spares or recon it.
www.flexiblesanders.co.uk
andypb64 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andypb64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 10 at 12:35
Really struggle to get anyone keen to work on my van. I have said it smokes. Just looking forwards to get the van back on the road. Gotta be worth a bit in scrap value as it is Aluminum isn't it. This is the engine http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1993-LT35-2-4-Diesel-Engine-6-Cylinder-/190411872214?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c556e97d6
mrhutch View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
the ginger princess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrhutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 10 at 13:05
just let it run and take what you can get for it mate..  
T3 1981 Westy Vanagon - thinks lubricant is a fuel
 Post Reply Post Reply