The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - VW LT wheel stud pattern and other wheel fitment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedVW LT wheel stud pattern and other wheel fitment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: VW LT wheel stud pattern and other wheel fitment
    Posted: 08 Jun 10 at 14:43
Hi to you all,

thanks for the invite to the forum.  I have a query for anyone that has some technical knowledge.  I own a 1994 LT35 high top van which I have converted to a camper.  It is a 2.4TD with about 76000 miles on the clock.  I fitted it with a shower, toilet, kitchen area, TV etc... I am currently in the process of roller painting the outside, which as bad as it sounds there is a section on another forum called club 80-90 which has a section on how to paint your van for £50 Confused (in case you are interested it gives you step by step instructions including other peoples attempts on how to do the job properly to a spray shop finish using rustoleum combi colour paint) ClapI have just finished the second coat after many hours of painful rust removal and welding and filling and it is looking a million times better.  This paint really make a difference....

Anyway, i thought i would say a little about my luvbus which is my pride and joy so I could share my enthusiasm with yourselves (for those interested).  

I have a question for anyone that can help, I wish to fit a set of alloy wheels to my luvbus but I am unsure of the stud pattern, does anyone know what it is for my single wheel base model?

Along with this thought I would like to know if anyone knows which wheels I could fit such as Mercedes, porsche, Audi, other VW's....?

I would be happy if I could just finish the project with a nice set of wheels although I am on a very tight budget so just trying to get the right look for the right price...

Any ideas...?

Diablodub View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
mehcedes...

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 10 at 19:08
Ford transit wheels will fit , Tourneo minibus was fitted with alloys.
brick-yard splitters breakaway judean peoples front cheesy toss wank - Member No 1
07974 787780 - Stu

Sunny Stockport-Cheshire

ZUB View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

early morning troll

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 10 at 22:28
Originally posted by Diablodub Diablodub wrote:

Ford transit wheels will fit , Tourneo minibus was fitted with alloys.

Thats right the 2000-2006 6th Generation Transits have 15" and 16" but...........

The 15" wheels, are on the rear wheel drive Transit (V184) and 16" wheels, are on the front wheel drive Transit (V185) its as simple as that Thumbs Up 

Hope this helps a little. 

Edited by ZUB - 08 Jun 10 at 22:32
I'm a bell end
Mellowdee View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 10 at 09:35
Thanks for the advice, that is great help, and it appears i am not the only one asking this question.  

So it seems that there are no straight bolt on alloys other than the tranny ones, which I have to say I am not too keen on.  I was kind of hoping to get some VAG or Merc wheels on if possible.  Would anyone know the best place to get the adaptors for these or maybe selling some wheels with adaptors?

cheers...

Diablodub View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
mehcedes...

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 10 at 09:48
Machine 7
brick-yard splitters breakaway judean peoples front cheesy toss wank - Member No 1
07974 787780 - Stu

Sunny Stockport-Cheshire

Mellowdee View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 10 at 10:21
Thanks Diablodub for a quick response...I do not suppose you know the actual stud pattern for mine or know how I could find this out? 

I actually thought the stud pattern was the same as the Merc as I have seen T4's and T3's with some Mercedes alloys on....I know the Merc stud pattern is 5 x 112?  

I was hoping I might get lucky...but it seems I was presuming this would be as simple as other dubs

Mellowdee View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 10 at 10:23
sorry not T3's but T 2 5  ...Wacko.dime bar!!

Edited by Mellowdee - 09 Jun 10 at 10:26
Mellowdee View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 10 at 12:42
I measured the PCD and it is 5 x 160 which now makes me understand why tranny wheels are about the only choice...what a shame.

I think I will just get some VW wheel trims and be done with it as I can see anything else costing me too much to justify for now.

One other tempting thought is banded steels.  Has anyone done this before for an LT and if so do you have any pics?

cheers for your replies everyone!!!
GT500 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 10 at 11:01
I too want some nice alloys on my LT.
My plan is fit the five spoke Porsche wheels from the cayenne (strong enough), going to get my mate with his cnc to make 5 x 160 to 5 x 130 adapters.
Just looking for a cheap set of wheels then I'll have a measure up so the adapter can space the wheel to the disired off set.

Other 5 x 130 are most Touareg, also looking at these as the centre cap will be "VW"
255 come on the 18" wheels and have a high enough load rating.

Rob
Rob... The only LT on 18" wheels.
Canada LT28 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 10 at 13:26
A fellow from an alloy store said..... "You need a steel rim 16x7 (+35-45) offset. Lug pattern 5x112m/4.4" ,  centrebore 57.1mm /2.25"

Am I missing something something here. Is there a difference in the way he measured it and how we are measuring it. I always measured 160mm centre to outside of second bolt.???

Mike
BeJay View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 10 at 16:57

fellow from the alloy store is 'confused' to be kind to him, as said the stud pattern for an old style LT (up to approx '95) single wheel rear axle variant is 5 x 160 PCD (Pitched Circle Diameter)  the 160 dimention is the diameter in millimetres of a theoretical circle that passes through the centrline of each bolt/stud, the 5 x 112 PCD refers to the T3 stud pattern
NIL ILLIGITIMUS CARBORUNDUM
Canada LT28 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 10 at 21:53
Great, I am not going crazy then.

Cheers,
MikeBig smile 
GT500 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 10 at 10:51
Got my 18" Touareg wheels and tyres! should have them on for the Leeds Harewood VW show next weekend!
I'll get some pics up, need some arch extensions... any suggestions???

Rob... The only LT on 18" wheels.
Jinky View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 10 at 15:25
Hi All

To measure PCD on 4 stud wheels you measure between two opposite studs centre to cente. For 5 stud wheels you measure between two adjacent studs, centre to centre then multiply by 1.7012 for PCD
1985 VW LT 31 Youngs conversions camper (sam 2 I think),1995 Pajero 3500V6, 1998 Honda VFR800
 Post Reply Post Reply