The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Wheel help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mercedes sl wheels to T3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RODEO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mercedes sl wheels to T3
    Posted: 23 May 10 at 18:25
Hi All
 Have read the  OEM Wheel thread that sl wheels dont fit.Im now a bit confused! Can anyone shed some light /comments please?
 I have a set of sl wheels of which one has had the stud holes opened to fit the vw studs.I see there appears to be a insert in the holes in the other 3 wheels which need drilling out to 14mm to take the studs. What about pressing out the complete insert instead of drilling thro' it?
 I tried one rim on the front ,and it appears it will fit with no spacer ,or maybe a very thin one.
 The dimensions I have taken are ...The orig steel wheels 1 7/8" from face of hub to outside of rim lip. The aly one measures 3 " from face of hub to outer edge of lip on rim.Having looked at the side wall bulge on the tyres generally,I reckon it may clear the sliding door if fitted on the rear.
 It also looks like the front tyres will clear the arch lip ,even with body roll.

Q,s....Does anyone make an extended side door bar /hinge ?

The sl rims are 14" the rim WIDTH is 6 1/2"..what size tyre would I need?

Thanks in advance, oh knowledgeable ones!
    Rod

Post Reply Post Reply