The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Westfalia forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Westy roof bits - where to find?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Westy roof bits - where to find?
    Posted: 19 May 10 at 17:01
Hi All,

I recently acquired a  Westy rear roof section with canvas.  I need to source a front luggage rack, rear lift brackets/hinges and a front locking catch.  So far i've tried most of the places I can think of and no one has anything.  I know the luggage racks can be bought new but i'm ideally looking for a 2nd hand one so the colour and level of wear and tear matches up to the rear section.  Below is a list of places tried already - let me know if there's anyone or anywhere else worth trying!

thanks,

Sam

NWVW - cant get though at the mo!

Volksmagic 

Futbus - sent message

Karmann connections

Megabug

RCC Import

O'Connors Campers

Concept pop tops

status VW

Eastfalia

Go Westy.
JonnyAtlantic View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonnyAtlantic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 10 at 00:21
thebushaus.com

In Surry not far from you in London Village. Have some pop top roofs for sale on their website. Maybe they can help?
1990 Westfalia Atlantic 1.6TD - Pop Top
samk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 10 at 09:07
thanks but tried them too.  Forgot to add to the list!
samk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 10 at 10:36
ok, looks like I may have found some hinges but still on the look out for a used front luggage rack if anyone has one or knows of where to get one!

thanks,

Sam
..lee.. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 10 at 21:49
what are you missing. if you only have the roof itself then you need loads of other parts, lifting mech ect and they are hard to find. been looking for the alloy strips for the canvas for ages with no luck.
lee.
MacAdiane View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MacAdiane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 10 at 22:28
http://www.vwbusshop.de/

Quote but i'm ideally looking for a 2nd hand one so the colour and level of wear and tear matches up to the rear section

One winter outside and a few trips under 2ms parking bars will soon match it to your existing roof.

Edited by MacAdiane - 26 May 10 at 22:34
waughy311 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waughy311 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 10 at 19:12
Originally posted by MacAdiane MacAdiane wrote:

http://www.vwbusshop.de/

Quote but i'm ideally looking for a 2nd hand one so the colour and level of wear and tear matches up to the rear section

One winter outside and a few trips under 2ms parking bars will soon match it to your existing roof.

Sorry if I'm being thick here (I've got the useless spoiler type, thinkin about switching) but did the original vans with the luggage rack as above have 'WESTFALIA' stamped on the front like photo? Is that from a bay Confused ?
I ain't got a clue really

Member 311
Full Throttle View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full Throttle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 10 at 19:24

http://vwelevation.com/

He posts on here as VW venom
It looks like he also does alloy strips for the canvas.
MacAdiane View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MacAdiane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 10 at 19:27
Originally posted by waughy311 waughy311 wrote:

Sorry if I'm being thick here (I've got the useless spoiler type, thinkin about switching) but did the original vans with the luggage rack as above have 'WESTFALIA' stamped on the front like photo? Is that from a bay Confused ?

no...these were on the T3 Joker.
kooldubs View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
I'M STILL HERE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kooldubs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 10 at 21:38
try these guys...
Item picture

they are also known as ollybono
86 t3 doka & 2001 T4 2.5 TDI
samk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 10 at 23:03
Tried them too Andy!  Looks like i'll have to buy a new one.  As MacAdiane quite rightly says, a bit of weather bashing and a couple of months under a lime tree and it'll probably match up really well LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply