The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Brickie's Arms
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - preachin to the converted! my weekend in the peaks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

preachin to the converted! my weekend in the peaks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zyclamvw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: preachin to the converted! my weekend in the peaks
    Posted: 06 Apr 10 at 11:35
Hi all
just compleated my first weekend away in the vanagon multi, and had to tell someone how good it was.............
so i thought i'd tell you lot! Wink

having had a bay, then for the last 2 years a split, the t3 was a dream! oh the joys of cruising at 80, while listening to sounds and having a a chat........ splendid stuff

the thing i was genuinely surprised at was the amount of attention the bus recieved. obviously a nice split or bay will appeal to 'civillians' but i didn't think a brick would turn heads........and i was wrong, got lots of nods on the motorway and pointing as we drove through peak district  towns, and many an envious glance in car parks around stanage and cubar edge, though to be fair thats because we were chilling, drinking tea in comfort.

looking forward to the next trip now

ps, the camp sit we stayed at, middle hill farm in grange mill near matlock in derbyshire, was great i'd really recommend it as the loo's and showers were excellent, and the site was an old school 'park where you fancy' on one of two fields. the owner even used to have a karmenn gypsy!
also if you go out of the site, turn right and drive for about 4 miles there was an excellent roadside cafe where you could eat your fry up outside by a stream, very laaa di daa

saw a couple of nice t3's around bakewell, including a nice red atlantic on borbet a's, and a white california, and there were deffo more t3's than any other camper on the roads this weekend.......from what i saw anyway!
rogerthecat View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
official aa mascot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 10 at 11:38
You could've popped in for a cuppa!
Can see Stanage from my house.
Lots of T3s about these parts.

T3 Westy, T3 Syncro (the ScoobyVelle), New Beetle Cab, 2 x Polos - I have too many projects
zyclamvw View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zyclamvw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 10 at 12:54
Cheers mate, will next time! We'll be back......
 Post Reply Post Reply