The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Bus Park
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Pop-Top thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hugocathargo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 15 at 20:11

Hugo On way to lakes for a paddle
ottoMan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ottoMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 15 at 04:59
The GreenMachine. Funky Tongue

1980 Pop Top LT28 2.0 Petrol converted by Karroseriefabrik Voll von Wurzburg
WHERES 5TH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WHERES 5TH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 16 at 19:57
Hi, first time poster so im not sure if this is the right place to ask.
Ive bought a T3 (keep typing t twenty five but t3 comes up)holdsworth villa3 1990 and everything has been wrong with it. Anyway, got all the fuel pump...lines and everything sorted...full respray etc and now one of the gas struts at the rear of the poptop has gone. Anyone know where to replace them?
Its a straight sided one with little windows in.
I know i paid alot for a bit of a lemon...and its cost me a fortune...the local mechanic smiles when he sees me but i like her...shes just hetting to expensive....the camper not the mechanic.
Anyway any help would be appreciated.
Cheers.

Edited by WHERES 5TH - 10 Jan 16 at 19:59
RichieM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichieM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 16 at 18:36
Hi there, First post for me too. I was wondering if you'd sourced a strut yet (as it's now April)!

I have a Villa 3 and got replacement struts for the roof from here:-

http://www.sgs-engineering.com/car-boot-tailgate/volkswagen/version/t3-/-T3

I had to send my original to them to get a decent copy. I think they were £25 each. Anyway you may already be sorted.
Cheers
mickandsej View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickandsej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 16 at 17:02
Been having a play with sticky backed plastic! Had some paint issues so £30 on DC Fix (German fablon) I'm quite happy with it, will do til I can afford a respray.
Light the touch paper and run!........

1990 Holdsworth pop top 1.9DG
kooldubs View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
I'M STILL HERE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kooldubs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 16 at 14:37
anyone know of the whereabouts of this van....miss it so much and would love to buy it back
86 t3 doka & 2001 T4 2.5 TDI
jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 16 at 13:16
Fella by the name Chris fryer on vwT3 club had it last going off. He sold it to buy James old svx magnum
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

TheDocmeister View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDocmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 16 at 12:04
Arrived home from holiday to find the new log book had arrived, so a quick online session and she's all legal! Dodgy pic in yesterday's sunshine, but my first taste of VW Motoring!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789