Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

REMAPPING?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Yardie
Yardie
I like pink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Onefut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 14 at 21:11
In the time honoured fashion of reviving old threads and due to the fact Im probably gonna be spending to much money fixing up my van so Im thinking may as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb.........................Who do folks recommend in the south west of Englandshire for remapping my 05 175?
God whispers in our soul & speaks to our heart. When we don't have time to listen, He has to throw a brick.
It's our choice: Listen to the whisper or wait for the brick!
05 Shuttle SE 174 Auto LWB
kernow View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kernow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 14 at 21:19
had a map from celtic in roche on my 130 about 3 years ago very impressed with the whole thing torque power and improved mpg . they did it properly on the rolling road before and after and gave me a proper printout from the dyno .
my bigest fear is that when I die the missus will sell my toys for what I said I paid for them
Onefut View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie
I like pink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Onefut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 14 at 21:25
I shall Google them
God whispers in our soul & speaks to our heart. When we don't have time to listen, He has to throw a brick.
It's our choice: Listen to the whisper or wait for the brick!
05 Shuttle SE 174 Auto LWB
tinns01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tinns01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 17 at 08:11
I have personally undertaken about 150 Remap's on my own and customers cars and apart from the crazy minority most Remap's are for better drivability and increased mpg my T5 173 is running 210 bhp although I rarely use it, the fact is I don't have to rev it so hard or change down the box so often, and 50mpg when driven carefully is a great bonus, on a long run even at motorway speeds I will achieve 45+ mpg
I don't think it matters about weather it is remapped or not, if you are breaking clutches and drive shafts you are probably driving it too hard
kernow View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kernow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 17 at 08:25
I agree the t5 is to easy to abuse . But 45 mpg ? What engine is getting that mpg . My 2.5 is roughly getting 32mpg whatever I do with it . Remapped to 200
my bigest fear is that when I die the missus will sell my toys for what I said I paid for them
festa View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote festa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 17 at 08:45
Originally posted by kernow kernow wrote:

I agree the t5 is to easy to abuse . But 45 mpg ? What engine is getting that mpg . My 2.5 is roughly getting 32mpg whatever I do with it . Remapped to 200

45mpg from a 1.9 maybe but not a 5 pot...32mpg I get from mine which was running 287/580nm until..I cracked the head and lost an intermediate gear on the engine geartrain for the camshaft.
Agree with more loading on the drive train but it's how it's driven, yes most maps on the 5 pot max the torque at 2300-2700rpm which is just above the sweet spot of 2000rpm @70mph in top.
My gearbox gave up last year at 220k and had the first motion shaft bearing problem which is common on these gearboxs anyway but I also wore of the case hardening on the gearing especially sixth...possibly due to torque rather than bad driving. It could be the fact that in any gear my van would pull far quicker than in standard form and I've onlyhad to replace one drive shaft, they appear to go on non mapped vehicles as well.

lwb 174,Wagner intercooler, rosten rods, balanced bottom end, GT2262v hybrid turbo, 2.7bar boost with full ss 76mm decat exhaust, itg filter, 440ft lbs@288bhp
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 17 at 09:28
Mine is unmapped and on a flatish run if you really pay attention to using the lightest throttle possible you can get good figures on a five pot.  On a crack of dawn run from Newquay to Weymouth I once had mine showing 44 MPG on the dash.  I was deliberately driving as frugally as I could to see what it could do.  I have checked this against tank to tank and the dash display is always about 10% optimistic so it must have been around 40mpg.  

If I drive mine without thinking it's around 30-32 mpg and if I'm really in a real hurry around town loaded up with tools it can get as low as 27mpg.

If I'm towing (about a ton) against a headwind on hilly terrain (like Bodmin Moor) it can get down as low as 22mpg.

My missus drove it for a few miles for the first time the other day in South London and she had it showing 37mpg!  
2004 2.5 174
Flash635 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flash635 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 17 at 12:18
Originally posted by VW master-tech VW master-tech wrote:

which to a certain affect is true the dealer cannot tell but the factory can tell if it has been changed from original factory settings VW are very protective about what goes into there ECUs

He he he, I'm reading this in the future post TDI scandal.
robdox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robdox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 18 at 10:34
about remapping I had my van done by prescions code works what a difference to my 84 ps was that impressed brought the equipment I brought because friends kept
asking me about it so got since then done loads of vag range vehicles price is £170 all in
retorque
SimonW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimonW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 19 at 13:26
Hi,

I bought a T5 with the 102 PS engine a year ago now.  The previous owner told me that it had been remapped, but it still feels pretty weedy.  Does anyone know how I can understand what it's running at / remap it again for better torque and power?

Simon
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 19 at 12:00
I think you would have to go to a remapper.  Chose one with good feedback though.
2004 2.5 174
Mole28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mole28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 19 at 22:25
I got 3 vans done last week in Edinburgh at The Car Tuning Clinic. A 2013 ex RAC T32 140, A 2012 T30 140 4motion and a 2006 T30 130 4motion. Just over £200 each and what a difference. I went for the middle ground map which give more power and torque and better fuel economy. Sounds too good to be true and it is. Definitely more go but fuel economy worse. onced I stop getting exited by the extra power then maybe fuel economy will be better.
Happiness is not just around the corner, it is the corner.
Water Fairy View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Water Fairy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 19 at 07:58
I am looking at buying a 2011 T5.1 with the 2.0 tdi CR 84bhp engine and 5 speed manual 'box. Are all the 2.0 tdi engines( 84/102/138) the same as I have seen mapping figures for all of them from some companies showing the same results, i.e around 165-170 for all versions once mapped?

Cheers, Jimbo
Water Fairy View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Water Fairy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 19 at 12:36
So I've since found out from the original owner my 84hp T5 has already been mapped to around 150hp
TBH I new it had something as it always seemed perky butnow I have the dilemma of not knowing who did it and if it's a good one. I do have a Pendle agent not too far from me so maybe one day I'll get it on the RR
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567