The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > The Coachbuilt forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Leaky Roof, side sills - Holdsworth

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidPallister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 10 at 14:20
Once the sealant is out, you need to bend up the steel retainig strips (if they don't crumble to dust like my driver's side did Confused)  and drill out the rivets at the back, then it took 4 of us levering away under the seam with chisels, screwdrivers etc to get it off.

And, yes, only planning to make the one roof, as part of a full windows out, doors off resto, repaint and customisation.  My target is to have it back on the road by the beginning of August, ready for the Reading Festival, so I've got my hands full.  Don't think Mrs P would be too impressed if I started making parts for other people as well LOL

Dave
max and caddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max and caddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 10 at 18:39

ok, ta for the advice. i cant decide if i want to ruin my easter weekend by tackling it or not!

Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max and caddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 10 at 17:47
well i ruined my weekend, and possibly my life for the next month or so as well! got the roof off relativley easy but lots of rust in the gutter area on the l/h side. unfortunaly its the same panel as the gutter so tricky to repair and doubt if i can get a new panel from vw, be easy to fit if it was available.

going to sandblast and see how much is left afterwards!
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max and caddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 10 at 18:53
roof is back on! not a fun job
boardmonkey View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boardmonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 10 at 10:26

hmmmm. dont suppose you got any pictures of the process did ya ?

'Nellie' 1.9DG WBX Holdsworth Hightop
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max and caddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 10 at 18:47
just spotted this post, no pics really , just one or two on my phone of the rusty bits after the roof was off. send me a pm if you want to know anything tho, i might have the answers now!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12