The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

t5 facelift test drive

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Hedgehog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 10 at 21:47
I'm a big fan of daytime running lights, in my old T5 when ever driving at day I used to have my side lights on
Your right with the lack of a power dip at low RPM that used to make me jump like feck when I used to stall my old van
Jumped Ship to a Vito but I hear a 2021 T6 calling, only real difference is the Vito cab is more car like.
mistadave View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mistadave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 10 at 08:44
Mr Hedgehog you have one important last thing left to do - Celtic tuning now offer a remap on the new engines - the 140 goes to 195bhp (at the flywheel) and 328 lb/ft of torque - I had my girlfriends audi a3 with the same 140 engine done there a few weeks ago and it bloody shifts, unfortunately with the smaller turbo it doesn't have the power high in the rev range like the 2.5 but it is still impressive.

They also list a remap for the 180 engine going to 240bhp at flywheel and 360lb/ft torque - I'm surprised as I thought there wasn't much more to squeeze out of that engine and heard stories that vw were actually reducing their power.

Any takers?!

Dave
55 reg 174 LWB raven blue camper. Celtic remap, pipercross filter, MIJ de-cat and exhaust, Forge intercooler, Allard EGR powerpipe and oil catch tank
energysolutions View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote energysolutions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 10 at 10:25
Originally posted by mistadave mistadave wrote:

Mr Hedgehog you have one important last thing left to do - Celtic tuning now offer a remap on the new engines - the 140 goes to 195bhp (at the flywheel) and 328 lb/ft of torque - I had my girlfriends audi a3 with the same 140 engine done there a few weeks ago and it bloody shifts, unfortunately with the smaller turbo it doesn't have the power high in the rev range like the 2.5 but it is still impressive.
They also list a remap for the 180 engine going to 240bhp at flywheel and 360lb/ft torque - I'm surprised as I thought there wasn't much more to squeeze out of that engine and heard stories that vw were actually reducing their power.
Any takers?!
Dave

!!Never Eat Yellow Snow!!
Mr Hedgehog View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Hedgehog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 10 at 12:13

LOLLOL it’s goes like a rocket whoosh - bang!

TBH I'm not one for remapping. I like the van to be like me, under stressed and I always think remapping will in the end leave me like this

Jumped Ship to a Vito but I hear a 2021 T6 calling, only real difference is the Vito cab is more car like.
swiss View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 10 at 14:11

Are you sure you can remapp the new engines on T5.5

Angel remapping told me there is anti remapping software on them
When they tried it just wouldnt start
Have Celtic produced a firmware update for the chip then?
nox View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 10 at 14:28
I emailed Celtic - they have a work around.  I emailed Pendle, they will have a work around soon.  I've heard rumours VW will be offering a remap service too....  Only real prob is if it gets overwritten by VW, and if VW can re-overwrite it that easily...  Then it's going to get 'that easy' for the likes of celtic/pendle etc

Anything with computers can be hacked, it's only a matter of time.  Think about DVD's and stuff.

Have any new ones actually gone boom yet? Or has anyone heard of them doing it?

Nox

Edited by nox - 25 Apr 10 at 14:28
IT'S HERE!!!!
swiss View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 10 at 14:49
One thing that is never touched on in this forum from what I can see is clocking
I wonder how many of the remapped vehicles had previously been clocked?
Hence
Its good news if the remapp is out
This is far quicker than I anticpated
£300 is the money for this mind
If it costs more it would not interest me
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678