The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Brickie's Arms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

readings of wills

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: readings of wills
    Posted: 30 Jan 10 at 14:53
hi guys, does anyone know what the procedure is when some passes away with regards to the reading of the will. a local solicitor has been left as executor of the will but when i spoke to him a while back he led me to belive that some investments hadn`t been traced so i presumed that the will hadn`t been read. it is over a year since my friend died now and and even though there is a financial link between the 2 of us i`ve heard nothing.

is this normal. asking the solicitor directly is a little awkward hence asking on here.

thanks lee.
DOGSBREATH View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
gok wan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DOGSBREATH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 10 at 20:24
I would ask the solicitor directly....they are used to it, it can take over a year to sort out an estate, but I feel the solicitors tend to hang on a bit too long to other peoples cash........ probably for the interest. Otherwise contact you own solicitor first consultation verbal advice is usualy free. You could try citizens advice........ Its a difficult situation, but needs to be sorted by the sound of it. Sorry for your loss and good luck.
..lee.. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 10 at 09:49
just a waiting game i suppose. thanks lee.
 Post Reply Post Reply