The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Westfalia forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

westfalia decals

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: westfalia decals
    Posted: 21 Jan 10 at 21:36
thought baxter did the long side stripes for the jokers but couldn`t find them on the site, only the door decals. seen them on e-bay but none atm.

anyone know where to get some from in the uk. brothers westy being painted next week hopefully and he doesn`t want it going out naked.

cheers lee.
garyleyo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garyleyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 10 at 21:42
if you got pics of them my pal can replicate....hes got a laser cutting machine....thats what he does.....vynal stripes etc
westfalia bluestar windsurfer
..lee.. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 10 at 22:09
ok thanks, if i cant find off the shelf set i`m pm you.

thanks lee.
jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 10 at 22:21
mosake on ebay lee

tee3 had some, very good too
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 10 at 22:22
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

Tee3 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Coprophagous Cretin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 10 at 22:25
what about this post... just a few topics down this very forum?

http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/club-joker-decals_topic48283.html

LOL

i had a set of the full length "early" ones done by Mosake in Anthracite (they'll do non standard colours at a small extra charge). Theyre pretty good. And nice folk to deal with.
Careful getting a  set made up as theyre quite a complex shape where they fold around the rear corners to allow for the shape of the van.

YOU CANT EDUCATE GAMMON

http://www.tee3.co.uk/
..lee.. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 10 at 00:06

thats the type we need, will try the suggested thanks guys.
garyleyo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garyleyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 10 at 14:36
my pal could make them...easy....you would not be able to tell the difference
westfalia bluestar windsurfer
johnboy123 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnboy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 10 at 10:58
I'm after some of these too... I've looked at Mosakes ebay shop but the ones they list on there are the slightly later type to mine (and picture above) - the typeface for the word 'joker' is different. I'm going to drop them an email, maybe they have the older type too...
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnboy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 10 at 12:06
FYI I've been talking to Mosake, they do have that earlier typestyle (as in your picture above) but their artwork is slightly wrong in that the size relationship between the diamond and the type isnt correct (its like the newer one instead). 

I'll be adjusting their artwork over the next day or so to match the original (as on my van) if you haven't ordered them and want it to be exactly authentic - you might want to hang on till I have done it and ordered mine.

j
Joker_Club View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joker_Club Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 10 at 15:01
For info............. Baxters stuff is taken straight off original factory decals. (doesn`t do the long stripes though) Make sure that Mosake send you the correct size of decals, I have had 3 sets from them in the past, the first two were the wrong size (the first set were about HALF the correct size) but we got there in the end (slightly wrong font though)
Sunny Lancs
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnboy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 10 at 17:25
I need the strieps as well hence going to Mosake - dont want to risk a colour difference ordering the strips from Mosake and the type from Brickwerks...!

Which bits were the wrong size from Mosake - the stripe or the diamond/type?
Joker_Club View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joker_Club Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 10 at 15:58
The door decals "Club Joker" with diamond. Font is different as well.
Sunny Lancs
 Post Reply Post Reply