Forum Home Forum Home > Other VW > Caddy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mk1 Caddy rear spring bushes?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak
Soft Southern Shite

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mk1 Caddy rear spring bushes?
    Posted: 10 Jan 10 at 22:40
Where can I get a set of MK1 caddy rear spring bushes please? Prefer polys! Thanx!
Firefighter twisted Firefighter...
Duxforddubz View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duxforddubz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 10 at 12:41
 Peet, have a word with al, on vwcaddy.com, if he has'nt got some, he can propably point you in the right direction
Baxter View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Scruff Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 10 at 12:54
Same as T3 front lower inner bush.
peet View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Soft Southern Shite

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 10 at 18:00
U got em in stock Si?
Baxter View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Scruff Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 10 at 20:56
No but I can get some reasonably quickly.
Infact theres a lot of caddy stuff I could do, I just cut back on it a while back so i could concentrate on getting a bigger T3 range.
I have coil overs set up at AVO with the right length rear dampers and a few other things.
Funny bunch them Caddy owners though....

peet View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Soft Southern Shite

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 10 at 21:02
Actually i agree with ya bout that not so sure of the caddy 'scene' really especially as mines jus a workhorse - I love it but its a work wagen.

Shall I email u thru Brickwerks for a price Si or can u pm me here?

thanx
Baxter View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Scruff Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 10 at 09:21
The formost ones aren't available, the 4 rearmost ones, the ones in the shackles are, they are on order from Lemforder (original equpiment) and should be here beginning of next week hopefully.
No idea of price yet until they lang but it won't be daft.
peet View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Soft Southern Shite

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 10 at 16:20
Thanks Si. Found a poly set n they are £115 a set!! EEK!
Baxter View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Scruff Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 10 at 09:43
Pete, ring me.
I can do better on those prices.
Baxter View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Scruff Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 10 at 12:36
In the mean time...

Granted, not as cheap as some of the others out there, but they are Lemforder (Part of ZF) and ZF own Boge who made the originals, so, to all intents and purposes they are VW ones.

I'm working on the front spring eye bush ATM.
Duxforddubz View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duxforddubz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 10 at 12:37
 Never did understand why members of the caddy 'scene' never really want to use them as pick ups!, used to 'enjoy' mine, if only the cab was a bit deeper front to back, wonder if the designers ever thought old dub comercials would be so popular, funny old world Confused
Baxter View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Scruff Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 10 at 12:49
Okay, now I've looked at ETKA properly...

up to 86, there are smaller bushes for the front of the spring, they don't seem to be available anywhere.
from '86 onwards then you need 6 of the same bush, and they fit in all locations.
max and caddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max and caddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 10 at 18:35
Originally posted by Baxter Baxter wrote:

No but I can get some reasonably quickly.
Infact theres a lot of caddy stuff I could do, I just cut back on it a while back so i could concentrate on getting a bigger T3 range.
I have coil overs set up at AVO with the right length rear dampers and a few other things.
Funny bunch them Caddy owners though....

ive got a caddy. what you mean like? huh?
Baxter View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Scruff Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 10 at 20:53
Have you ever been on the caddy forum?
It's all a bit cloak and dagger, or it was, I've not been back for ages as I found it a little strange, almost unfriendly.
Coming from the T3 community, then dipping my toes in when I had a Caddy to the Caddy community, well, I suppose theres more of the, I dunno, trying not to be rude or offensive but there a lot of Max Power tuning style things going on, not very laid back, I just found it a little alien from what I'm used to here and on 80-90 and the like.
Shouty Stella drinkers, people doing burn outs and such.

max and caddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max and caddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 10 at 18:56
only joking like, i know what you mean, i was on there, still am in fact! mine a more tastefull o.e plus type a thing, i think you would approve. AAZ, looks factory fitted,

may have to sell it soon tho.

this is a good forum, very helpfull folk.

right im off to fit some 19" tsw krulls to my syncro then its down to asda for a burnout contest with my mate in his skyline replica.   
peet View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Soft Southern Shite

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 10 at 20:09
I got put off by the paying to place an ad on the forum and bit like you say Si lot of big silly mod stuff happening, not my bag but don't have to go on there do I?
I'll let u know which year my springs are once I can find em under the snow!
 Post Reply Post Reply