The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > Syncro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

front shock lower bushes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: front shock lower bushes
    Posted: 04 Jan 10 at 20:31
front shock bushes, are these available off the shelf anywhere.  i`ve been having a knocking noise from the front and as i`ve rebuilt most of it it is starting to piss me off now, thought it could be topping out so i did the spacer trick the weekend but no its still there.

only thing im not 100% happy with is the lower shock bushes and there is a little wear in the top shock mount too where the shock goes through the frame.

anyone else had a similar problem. cheers muchy lee.
Ghia View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Nesh

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 10 at 19:05
Hi Lee, just spotted this post.
The bushes are part of the shock and I've never seen them available seperately.
The only thing I can suggest is to go around and make sure everything is tight. I have found in the past that the top wishbone pivot bolt nut can work it's way loose so I tend to make sure these are as tight as I can get them.
Do you have any lift in the bottom balljoints? Also check your inner steering track rod joints etc.

MG
..lee.. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 10 at 21:44
cheers mike i think i`ve sussed it but not had a chance to fix yet. it seems like the new bolts i fitted when i rebuilt the front are bottoming out before they are fully tightening the lower shock bush in the arm so i need to find a spacer washer or 2 the right size and fit it.
bloody vans. sometimes it seems the more you do the more you unearth and end up doing extra.
desperate to get my heater working. thats first on the list atm.

lee.Thumbs Up.
Ghia View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Nesh

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 10 at 10:54
Lee, stupid question here but you have refitting the clamping collar haven't you?

MG
..lee.. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 10 at 22:57
thanks for that mike. yes 2 part clamping thingy ma jig fitted and free to slide in the arm. with the weather as it is i`m not going to pull it to bits as i may need it but once the weather settles i`ll get the extra washers fitted and hope that does it.Thumbs Up
Ghia View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Nesh

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 10 at 08:08
Cool, if you look on the right hand side at the part numbers, it also lists the correct lengths for the bolts so you can check that also.
The bottom shock bolts so tend to get seized in, I had one shear on me a while ago. If possible, I'd get a thread cleaner or tap to clean out the threads while you have the bolt out. I think you can get to the other side of the hole rather than having to go the long way around.
M14 x 1.5 as the photo says above.
MG
 Post Reply Post Reply