The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'89 T3 Front speakers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FLVS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: '89 T3 Front speakers
    Posted: 04 Jan 10 at 16:50
hi,

Could someone please tell me what is the maximum size speakers that I can put in a '89 T3 front doors?

And what are the best solutions.

Muito ObrigadoThumbs Up
TheDudeAbides View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDudeAbides Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 10 at 18:39
What do you want to fit? i have alpine 6*9's in mine but they are not ideal, if i did it again i would use 6-1/2” (16.5cm) Component's to get a little more top end sound, plus don't forget to use some sound deadening stuf.. any speaker is possible if you want it bad enough..
For Fun:
1984 T3 TinTop 'bilbo conversion'
For Work:
2008 T5 T30
FLVS View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FLVS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 10 at 22:21
Hi,

I have two front 10 cm speaker at the bottom of the door cards.

My question is, will some 16,5 cm speaker fit there or will I have a problem with the diameter or with the width/depth of the speaker, what's the distance between the door card and the door panel?

Thanks
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDudeAbides Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 10 at 23:10
They will fit, just be carefull of the door check strap when closed, as i said i have a set of alpine 6x9's with a large magnet and depth with no problems, you will have to cut some metal to shape but there is room.... 
For Fun:
For Work:
2008 T5 T30
shapey View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shapey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 10 at 15:29
or make/buy spacers to fit in between the doorcards and the speakers so they don't protrude into the door as much...
skysurfin09 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skysurfin09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 12 at 07:05
As Shapey says, I fitted 6x9 into my front doors simply by making spacing rings out of MDF with a jigsaw, as I was installing carpet throughout the rings were hidden anyway. Defintely fit soundeading material into the panels also. Rob
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDudeAbides Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 12 at 14:57
It's been two years since he asked.... do you think he might have sorted it now? 
For Fun:
For Work:
2008 T5 T30
skysurfin09 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skysurfin09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 12 at 22:33
 I'd like to think so !
 Post Reply Post Reply