The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T4 Section. > T4 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

spax CSX on the front

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7/11=12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: spax CSX on the front
    Posted: 03 Dec 09 at 21:44
as above says guys whats your thoughts on fitting spax csx coil overs on the front on a T4 to assist to soft front end,,i know its going to be a bit of trail & error the get the spring rate right but there not massively expensive,,guy at spax said its do"able after seeing a blow up diagram from vagcat

but i spoke to a guy at aircoolvw & he said t4 suspension works opposite way to a coil over Confused eh,,as i say its to assist the torsion bar suspension plus of coarse its got a multi adjustable damper built in,,these csx are hand built to what ever spec your damper is or what you want Eg: top/bottom mount length closed/open the lot.

cheers Rick
Baxter View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Scruff Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 09 at 23:07
Soft front end?
What has happened to it to get a soft front end?
Would it not be worth fixing the problem rather than remedy it's effects, or am I missing something?
I don't think there is enough room to get a coil over in there, T4 front dampers are short as they are.
If it is just the fact that the front torsion bards aren't firm enough for you, why not swap the torsion bars?
What dampers are you running?
7/11=12 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7/11=12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 09 at 08:57
Hi Simon 

At the moment its all standard apart from eibachs on the rear 45mm drop,,reason iam thinking the small coil over style system up front is all the threads ive read be it on here or t4forum

all that have lowered there vans seem mention it been sort ish & most the time running into bump stop issues,,iam not wanting to slam the van as i do want it to handle to the best you can get a t4 van to handle,fitting top a the range dampers will not sort the issue of what iam calling soft front end,as you know your self the torsion bars cant be altered other than height/lowering wise or if there is uprated ones available,i would just like the van to kinda sit flat ish in the corners as opposed to front end Rolley polley diving "Front End Wise" if that makes sense,once the conversion is finished its not going to be fully loaded,it will have full width seat/bed set up,small fridge,amps,speakers that kind of thing,iam also going to fit a rear anti roll bar cause although the eibachs have helped it still rolls about quite a bit for my liking,its almost like dare i say it modding the french cars pugs syndrome 
Eg: rear end drop via torsions & posh front springs up front,but tutha way round on the t4
posh on the rear & standard  bars lowered on the front,its not a equal balance,all iam wanting is to get the van to handle as best i can,& not just buy off the self stuff if there's summat else to be had that could be better,out the box thinking i maybe wrong i maybe right,i stumbled across these & did some thinking rang spax themselves & after they studied the vagcat blow up diagram said yes its deffo do"able & these can be built to an exact spec.
kind regards Rick Smile
7/11=12 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7/11=12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 09 at 09:01
PS you mentioned swapping the torsion bars for stiffer ones that's also something ive heard folk say,,so iam going to do some ringing around today & try find out whether the LWB crew cab ones are firmer & if so will they fit
Baxter View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Scruff Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 09 at 12:29
I don't find mine soft, and it sits flat in the corners.
B6's and a rear ARB, then uprate the front ARB will stop it rolling.
Come over, i'll take you out in mine, I think you'll change your mind.
Baxter View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Scruff Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 09 at 12:33
Largest dia torsion bar I can is is a grey coded one at 28.6mm
it's fitted to VR6's and 151hp TDI's with factory lowered suspension.

Green - 25.3mm
Brown - 26.4mm
Violet - 27.9mm
Grey - 28.6mm

Edited by Baxter - 04 Dec 09 at 12:41
monsho View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monsho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 09 at 12:54
yep, Simon's handles ace - for a T4 anyways Embarrassed

tis always good fun when he sends me out to pick summit up!
7/11=12 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7/11=12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 09 at 13:07
Originally posted by monsho monsho wrote:

yep, Simon's handles ace - for a T4 anyways Embarrassed

tis always good fun when he sends me out to pick summit up!
jammy sod lol Wink
7/11=12 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7/11=12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 09 at 13:17
Originally posted by Baxter Baxter wrote:

I don't find mine soft, and it sits flat in the corners.
B6's and a rear ARB, then uprate the front ARB will stop it rolling.
Come over, i'll take you out in mine, I think you'll change your mind.

"Flat In The Corners" thats the ticket

confirmed........uprated front arb/rear arb & bilstein b6"s all round should have a ruddy sorted handling wise T4 then,,reckon you"ve saved me alot of pissing about measuring/spring rate guessing,,if i buy from you i will come over for a taste of things to come Big smile

cheers buddy Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply