The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

alloy wheel adapters

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: alloy wheel adapters
    Posted: 29 Nov 09 at 20:39
my mate has been nagging me to help him get alloys on his lt and as i have loads of merc / t3 pcd alloys he wants a set of them.

i`ve thought of getting the hubs re drilled to suit but after a quick look there isn`t enough material left for a safe fixing, so i was going to look in to adapters like the t3 to porsche only t3 to merc pattern.

plan on making up a dummy adapter to see how things go but need to know what et an 88 lt has really. also anyone whos tried this allready with no success i`d appreciate you stop me now before i waste lots of time.

seems strange that nobody has made and sold these as there is a lot of alloy wheel for my lt requests.

anyone got any comments be glad to hear them.

lee.
t'onion View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t'onion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 09 at 20:48
apparently the new transit alloys fit on

I'd be very concerned about the weight ratings
LT28 Westfalia FloRida, 2.4 diesel

miserable fooker

..lee.. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 09 at 22:32
alloys for transit`s seem to be rated at 1150kg but how much are ml alloys rated at. cant seem to find that info anywhere but the ml amg isn`t a light bus and with its power and speed capabilities i`d have thought they would be pretty close to being strong enough.
GT500 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GT500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 09 at 00:56
Get some made!
that'll be 5 x 112.
You can always fit Cayenne wheels, very cheap for used 17 or 18s. No weight problems then+ big mercs weight as much as an LT!

Rob... The only LT on 18" wheels.
..lee.. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 09 at 19:46
thats what i`m thinking rob some big mercs are heavy beasts and very high performance. a 2500kg merc cornering hard at 80 mph is putting a fair amount of force on its wheels.

as much if not more i`d guess that a lt35e being pootled around.

going to start measureing up next weekend.

cheers lee.
Jam-Man View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jam-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 09 at 22:01
I've just had a set of adaptors turned up to turn LT PCD into Range Rover PCD. Adaptors are seriously heavy duty and of course the Rangie alloys are suitable for the load rating of our van. Rangie studs are also bigger than lt so no problem there. Adaptors weren't cheap, but they are constructed from the correct tensile rated steel and have a lovely anodised finish. They are only 25m on the back and 15mm thick on the front. All fixings and bolts also of the correct grade and tensile strength. Perfect. Evenat £200 a one-off set they made sense as Rangie alloys are as cheap as chips and plenty strong enough. Hope this helps.
..lee.. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 09 at 19:47
thanks dave, its nice to know it can be done.
only reason for going merc pcd is that we have lots of sets of merc wheels allready between my brother and me, plus i fancy a lt myself so once merc pcd spacers are made it`ll be really simple to run another set off for me if i get one too.

got any pics of the range rover wheels on your bus dave and what size wheels and tyres did you decide on.

cheers lee.
Jam-Man View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jam-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 09 at 21:43
Hi Lee, on  aprevious post here about Ford V6 into LT from a few weeks back there is one picture with the wheel 'mocked up' on the hub. It's a 6x16 Range Rover Classic rim with 205x16 tyre. This gives a rolling diameter of 28.92". The standard 205x14 gave a rolling diameter of 26.92", so it's auseful 2" increase. I've had to modify the front corners of the wings since the pic was taken but otherwise clearance is good. And on this particular rim a 225/75x16 will also fit if I want bigger again without fouling which will take it to 29.30". Go for it with the Merc wheels if you think the offset will work ok. You can spin adaptors up for any fitment you need. But watch out for the all important load rating. I believe tensile rating 12.9 is what you are looking for for your adaptor bolts, etc. Make the adaptors themselves from steel and not alloy if you want them slim and compact. Hope this hepls.
 Post Reply Post Reply