The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Brickie's Arms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thieving Robbing Bastards!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1664 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thieving Robbing Bastards!!
    Posted: 18 Nov 09 at 15:14
I am actually shaking with anger - some lowlife scum has relieved my van of all it's wheel trims. Yes, I do realise in the light of recent van thefts this is just 'small potatoes' but I am bluddy furious  Angry

Two of them are in good nick, one is slightly scraped and one looks like its been put through a paper shredder (must have spent some time on the nearside front wheel at some point)

So if anyone in Coventry or surrounding area is offered a set please shove them up the vendors @rse sideways or better still, let me know.

shapey View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shapey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 09 at 15:20
??? why would anyone bother? - especially if some of them are damaged? Confused
did you look in the near by hedges in case some kids have just been using them as frisbees?

(mate of mine had his wheels nicked off his pushbike and low and behold they'd just chucked them over a wall!)
1664 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1664 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 09 at 15:26
Originally posted by shapey shapey wrote:

??? why would anyone bother? - especially if some of them are damaged? Confused

Beats me too. I've had a squint in the nearby wheelie bins and looked on some nearby wasteground but no luck. I suppose it's the utter pointlessness that is really getting to me. They're barely worth the price of a pint but the vans looks total shit without them - stolen to order perhaps?
shapey View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shapey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 09 at 15:33
who knows?! maybe somebody robbed them to put on their van or something?

there's a set on ebay at the mo for £50! - sounds a bit much if you ask me!

how about just painting your wheels? steels look good with a fresh coat of paint on them...

Edited by shapey - 18 Nov 09 at 15:33
1664 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1664 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 09 at 15:38
Originally posted by shapey shapey wrote:

who knows?! maybe somebody robbed them to put on their van or something?

I'd really hate to think it was a fellow van owner, although there's barely any other point to having them away. I hadn't thought of painting the wheels. I'll have think but I doubt I'll do that.

I'll give ebay a quick look...........
shapey View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shapey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 09 at 15:42
1664 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1664 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 09 at 15:53
hmmmm. Possibly black with white rims as the van is white with black vents etc (that picture is quite old, the van desn't look like that at all now) In fact it might be an idea to take a few photos of it.
Tee4 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
I'm not indecisive,or am I?You bet I am!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 09 at 16:29
Have you been in touch with Marcus aka MERCDOCTOR? He may have a set of trims like yours in his lock up for a small amount of money. If you get stuck I have a set of good conditon chrome hub caps you can have
1664 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1664 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 09 at 16:43
Yeah I've got to pop up his workshop anyway this week if the rain ever stops. Thank you for the offer of the chrome ones but I'd like to replace like with like if possible to keep it as 'original' as possible.

I'm just in the process of battering the Brickwerks shop for anti tamper screws etc in case the trims have whetted their thieving appertite Wink
niko View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Nice fella.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 09 at 19:53
i have at least 2 of these (from My Joker!)...maybe 3....I would have to check.....if you get stuck ...or find a couple you could have them for the price of postage.
1664 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1664 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 09 at 10:51
Cheers niko. I'm popping up mercdoctors later so I'll ask if he has a set but if he hasn't I'll certainly get in touch. Thanks again Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply