Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Brickie's Arms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How much around your way

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Scruff Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 09 at 12:40
No idea how much it is.
I want it, they have it.
I can afford it.
I pay for it.
Simplez.

As soon as I can't afford it, I won't have a vehicle.
Same as I don't have a swimming pool, I can't afford one.

No point moaning about it, if we aren't taxed on fuel we will be taxed on something else, the country needs X amount of money to run it, it needs to come from somewhere.
Could slash fuel duty, but now your PAYE is 50%, how does that sound?
PaulG View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 09 at 12:55
Easy tiger!
Brick-Yard. Not a club, more a way of doing things. (Robert Fripp - kind of...)
Stu Dapples View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Ebenezer Geezer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stu Dapples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 09 at 15:43
Originally posted by Baxter Baxter wrote:

No idea how much it is.
I want it, they have it.
I can afford it.
I pay for it.
Simplez.

As soon as I can't afford it, I won't have a vehicle.
Same as I don't have a swimming pool, I can't afford one.

No point moaning about it, if we aren't taxed on fuel we will be taxed on something else, the country needs X amount of money to run it, it needs to come from somewhere.
Could slash fuel duty, but now your PAYE is 50%, how does that sound?

Bax for Chancellor! LOL 

Know what you are saying but it is does get bloody annoying that they can effectively stick a 10% increase on the price of a necessary commodity and there is cock all Joe Public can do about it..... If they did the same to gas and electric prices (which they have tried) the govt would soon put paid to it as it is classed as unfair to those in poverty. Motor fuel, however, doesn't seem to matter, despite most folk who work needing it to get to work, effectively earning less by having a higher fuel bill....

And what REALLY gets my goat is that these increases are not the govt's fault, it is the supplier who ups their margin, "because the supply cost has gone up", sweet FA to do with OPEC, the duty per litre is fixed....

As I said in a previous psot, they are bunch of price fixing, thieving c**ts... Angry
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way when you judge him, you will be a mile away, and have his shoes...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12