Forum Home Forum Home > T4 Section. > T4 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to Turbo your 2.4d

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
"deuce"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D&D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 11 at 18:53

looking good Thumbs Up
Carthago 32.1 T4 LWB
BY Golden Nut Winner
Chug & Tug Team Member
Brookster16v View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brookster16v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 11 at 09:22

Finally finished the install some minor items to sort but its ready to drive T: 

The Engine sounds really well with the Turbo fitted , runs alot quieter and a nice sounds from the Turbo

The  K14 Turbo from the Volvo V70 TDI isn't a straight forward fit but i like a challenge but also the bigger Turbo has  alot for potential , but now i'm happy with the install just need to get an intercooler fitted.

Used the existing Air box and connected it with some 63mm duct.

Boost gauge and controller also fitted.

Brookster16v
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brookster16v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 11 at 15:55

Temporary Exhaust all sorted , budget side exit :D

just need to pull the old rear section off.

Time to get it on the road now and do some fine tuning T:

Turbo manifold flange close up shot

Air Filter fitted on Oil Breather

Better quality phot of the final install

Air Intake connection abit tight

Brookster16v
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brookster16v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 11 at 13:03

Time to fit the intercooler and increase the fuel , the fuel has been wound up

Had to remove the crimp off the screw, best way is to get a small flat screwdriver under the edge were it joins and force the screwdriver under with a hammer, that will split the crimp.

The a 13mm spanner to loosen the locking nut and then 6mm spanner to increase the fuel turning clockwise.

Gone for the mounting behind the grille , but now i've finished with i had fitted it at low level behind the bumper.

61mm cutter used as its all i had , 70mm would be better for the job.

Headlight needs trimming to clear the boost pipe.

Intercooler fitted and all boost pipes connected.

the grille needs alot of material removing to get it fitted, also the radiator needs setting back.

Been for a test drive and the van now pulls like a train , 0.5bar max at the moment and EGT's are below 500deg C. *<:-)>

I'm more than impressed with the conversion , i can now go camping or racing and not struggle up hills towing @ 40mph. :D

A few tweaks to finish off the Boost pipes, tried to make it look as Factory as possible may even paint the clamps black, and find some black bboost gauge pipe.
Run with the new set up and the EGT's are 570deg Max , and that's at max rpm & 0.6 bar so i'm comfortable with that. Just the exhaust that needs finishing may go for a full stainless side exit al also the adaptor onto the down needs making in 2" stainless. The down pipe is 2 1/2" so i could go for a full 21/2" system. T: 
Brookster16v
surfzone View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfzone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 12 at 06:09
Hi all
its a long time since I have posted update on the van engine has been rebuild running and passed
MOT I have some photos of engine turbo
well along time coming, but this year I will be going to lux in her in September
next thing to do is interior multivan in that will be fun. Beer
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brookster16v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 13 at 13:36
photo's don't work Cry
Brookster16v
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brookster16v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 13 at 08:05

Transform your 2.4D in 8 hours with the Turbo Conversion T:

Brookster16v
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123