The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Wheel help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Usual will these fit question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cruz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Usual will these fit question
    Posted: 20 Aug 09 at 19:05

7.5J x 16" ET42 Mercedes 5 spoke alloys with 255/50/16 94V tyres on

Like these

Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 09 at 19:16
Usual "have you searched?" answer.Smile
cruz View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cruz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 09 at 19:25
Just found it on the usable wheels table Embarrassed

Couldn't see it before for some reason

Pinch
Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 09 at 19:28

Just to add if the tyres are 255's they're too big for a T3 and those alloys!

Did you mean 225/50/16's?
cruz View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cruz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 09 at 21:35
Yeah, sorry I meant 225/50/16

Not having a good day LOL
nic View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 09 at 08:38
I trial fitted some of these on my Caravelle, if memory serves me right you will need spacers on the front (or maybe the back, it was a long time ago)
Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 09 at 08:59
ET42 means spacers front and rear.
cruz View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cruz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 09 at 09:45
Picked the wheels up yesterday only £150 with 4 virtually new tyres on ebay. Same wheels are selling for £256 at the moment with 2 days left. Thank god the seller spelt mercedes as merecedes Wink

Centre bore is fine as usual with merc wheels and bolt holes are 14mm as standard whilst ET is 42. Just some slight bubbling around the centre caps but good to go when I get the studs done.
Andytee View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andytee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 09 at 17:13
I had those alloys on my van when I bought it. See pics at: http://www.tinyurls.co.uk/P28  I thought they looked pretty good but wanted to use up the rubber on some standard rims I had. The alloys had 10mm spacers on the front if I remember rightly but seemed to stick out a little. If you can get away with less then it would look better IMO but not sure about clearance of brake pipes? You'll just have to try it. Came with no spacers on the back but would have needed at least 10mm to give the right "stance".
Atlantic poptop
Nissan Leaf
Really want a Tesla!
 Post Reply Post Reply