The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Whats this switch please?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 16v205 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whats this switch please?
    Posted: 12 Aug 09 at 23:13
Hi

I just bought a 1999/2000 Lt35 Dropside pickup with a 2.8turbo engine. Goes pretty well it must be said, much more power available than the newer 311cdi sprinters we use.

My numpty question is can anyone tell me what this switch is please? It rocks left and right but doesnt seem to turn anything on or off?

Also there wasnt a owners manual with the van. Is there a spec sheet knocking around for oils/timing belt changes etc

Many thanks
Rich

rossfromfriends View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossfromfriends Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 09 at 23:55
Just a shot in the dark here but it looks like a dashboard light dimmer switch?  
mat_the_cat View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mat_the_cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 09 at 21:56
If it rocks left and right could it be a selector for electric mirrors? I.e. chosing which side to adjust...does it also have a spring loaded up and down movement?
Mid engined, 6 cylinder, turbocharged 2 seater - it can only be a VW LT!
icky View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 09 at 01:06
Originally posted by mat_the_cat mat_the_cat wrote:

If it rocks left and right could it be a selector for electric mirrors? I.e. chosing which side to adjust...does it also have a spring loaded up and down movement?

Looks like an electric mirror adjuster to me, too

The switch should rotate and "click" between two locations, and also you should be able to wiggle it  into various directions to adjust the position of the mirors
Engine cranes = the ultimate tool to test the tensile strength of Everything you didn't disconnect!

- 2000 MK4 Golf GT TDi
- 1994 LT Panel Van
- 1997 LT Minibus
- 1984 Volvo/VanHool Alizee
16v205 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 16v205 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 09 at 21:24
Cheers all,

it is the electric mirror switch. The drivers side doesnt work and the passenger side does now ive reconnected it :)

Rich
 Post Reply Post Reply