The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T4 Section. > T4 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Annoying side slide door

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muddi Camel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Annoying side slide door
    Posted: 06 Aug 09 at 21:43

Hi,

The sliding door is really bugging the hell out of me. It squeaks incessantly as the body flexes. I've tried cleaning the seal, cleaning the mating surface of the door, adjusting the catches slightly.....

I've often seen people selling new seals, is it a common problem?  What's the best way of dealing with it permanently - apart from leaving the door open or welding it shut.......

Thanks

Neill

Desp Dan View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Simple Pieman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Desp Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 09 at 22:11
Bit of silicon spray on the seals & the Locating cones sorted my annoying squeak out.

And turn the Radio up a few notches LOL
Pie n' Bacon Meister
Porsche & Classic Car Nut
Muddi Camel View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muddi Camel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 09 at 22:56

Hi, Silicone spray was one of the first things I tried.... 

steve padda View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve padda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 09 at 23:34
Hi
As Dan says spray the locating holes on the door pillar where the rubber cones fit, you can push the spring back and give them a good spraying of silicon spray or spray grease and it should cure your problem

steve

Smile
Desp Dan View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Simple Pieman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Desp Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 09 at 01:05
Originally posted by stevemadbiker stevemadbiker wrote:

Hi
As Dan says spray the locating holes on the door pillar where the rubber cones fit, you can push the spring back and give them a good spraying of silicon spray or spray grease and it should cure your problem

steve

Smile

Steve aint wrong Thumbs Up

Or Turn T'radio up like Wink
Pie n' Bacon Meister
Porsche & Classic Car Nut
Split_51 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Split_51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 09 at 10:19
Totally brilliant advice.
My n/s slider has been driving me up the wall for months
I quick squirt as suggested and voila!
I have taken to driving round with the radio off just to listen to the blessed silence.
I am so grateful Thumbs Up Clap
Beers are on me.
+44 (0)7812 167547
MdR on other forums (but for some reason this forum has a minimum character value)
 Post Reply Post Reply