The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Westfalia forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Westy Gas Tank filler adapters

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joker_Club Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Westy Gas Tank filler adapters
    Posted: 03 Jul 09 at 21:40

Gas tank filler adapters 

and   www.vwbusshop.de/  Search for 503503 - "Bajonettadapter"

and    www.wynen-gas.de/    for gastank stuff, gauges, regulators, etc etc

Edited by Joker_Club - 07 Jul 09 at 21:13
Sunny Lancs
Joker_Club View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joker_Club Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 09 at 19:02
To fill the tank, locate the filler on the gas-tank (filler looks like a big round fitting with an external coarse thread, about 35mm diameter) you then need a filler adapter to fill in the UK, as the original fitting on the tank is for Germany. Screw the adapter into the centre of the filler, you`ll then have a "bayonet" type filler to connect the UK gas pump to, follow the instructions at the filling station, I would take someone with you to watch the gauge on the TANK, stop filling when it shows 80% on the needle, or it may overfill.

Pic of adapter, you`ll need two, see below for use

UK style bayonet adaptor for visiting guests or just to extend the reach of your current filler, two of these screwed together will fit the Westfalia (German only) style tanks, use one as a stand off and screw the other to it to fill safely everytime.
£12.50 plus p&p from
www.gasure.co.uk
Sunny Lancs
craigus View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craigus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 11 at 16:14

Thats great...ta..which adapter do  I need though...

craigus View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craigus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 11 at 16:17
Sorry I mean off the tinley website
Gandalf View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gandalf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 11 at 16:18
If its a Westy you'll need two of the ones shown in the post above yours. If not a Westy then I haven't the foggiest.
89 Cali Pop Top
Gandalf View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gandalf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 11 at 16:20
The first one looks good to me - might just only need that as its longer than the normal adaptors by the look of things.
89 Cali Pop Top
Red Westie View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Westie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 12 at 09:25
Indeed.....two are needed if you order the standard length BUT you only need ONE if you order the longer type (top pic on the Tinley website.)

Cheaper and less flaffing around.....tis what I use.

Martin
shelly
Rederic View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rederic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 18 at 18:15
I think I have the original fitting now and I’m in my 1991 LT 31 Florida Westfalia – I can’t seem to find a place to fill it up in France and I need a hot shower LOL-
I’m headed towards Portugal actually so maybe Spain or Portugal uses the German fitting?
Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks!
clift_d View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clift_d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 18 at 09:40
AFAIK Spain and Portugal use different connectors to Germany which uses a different connector to the UK.

1988 1.6TD Westfalia Club Joker syncro
 Post Reply Post Reply