The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Westfalia forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fridge quiet PC fan mod thread???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myheadsashed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 16 at 09:11
http://www.gowesty.com/product-details.php?v=&id=3470

craigy345 If you look at the GoWesty images closely they've trimmed the blue cable off Wink

It's arrived and it's looks identical apart from the blue cable and connector need trimming off.

Edited by myheadsashed - 15 Oct 16 at 09:14
craigy345 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craigy345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 16 at 10:50
Go-Westy Fan
Yep, Stand corrected, This is the GoWesty fan you can see the chopped blue wire.

Should make fitting nice and easy, No need to make or adapt the current bracket.

Good Luck, post some pics of install if possible.

Edited by craigy345 - 15 Oct 16 at 10:51
VW T3 1987 Westfalia Club Joker
Serge View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Serge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 16 at 13:27
Very interesting thread, I currently have my fridge out to do some work on the wheel arch and the fan is solid and rusted up internally.
I intend to do the computer fan mod before refitting, I get that the fan sits at the bottom of the fridge but which direction should it send the air, does it push air up or pull air down over the fins?
TIA Smile
1990 LT28 Westfalia Florida 2.4TD + Reliant Scimitar GTC + Mk 4 Mondeo + Triumph Trident Sprint 900 + Honda 550/4
http://www.sergeantsmess.co.uk/
craigy345 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote craigy345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 16 at 15:31
The fan(s) sits at the bottom and push air UP over the fins to cool the rear pipe work.

Need to make sure the fan is facing the correct way when fitting.

Quite obvious when you come to do it.

Good Luck  Thumbs Up
alpicc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alpicc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 16 at 09:24
Hello guys!Handshake
Im about to do this job on a 1990 Florida! any suggestions before I do anything? Could you recommend 2x vents I can order from eBay?Something good that will work for years!?Also wouldn't it be better to have also a fan which draws fresher air to the unit?
Cheers
Alex

Edited by alpicc - 27 Dec 16 at 09:35
lowrider View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 17 at 10:04
Hi

After having my fridge out doing the elements, I thought bugger it what if the fan doesn't work ! After reading above found a 120mm Pc fan just like the Gowesty one    at £10 delivered on eBay happy with that , cut the blue wire off as it's not needed & wired it in. Even used one of the screws from the original bracket, just got to get it back in now as it's been out for 3 weeks now
craigy345 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craigy345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 17 at 10:47
Well done Lowrider Clap

Let us know how you get on?
Had your elements gone? 12v/240v?
lowrider View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 17 at 21:25
Fridge all back in & went away over Easter ! We used hook up on site to run the fridge & hey presto we had ice on the inside never had that before, so I guess the elements were knackered .

Thanks for all the tips
Guy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123