The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

front seats for LT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speshulbrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: front seats for LT
    Posted: 10 Jun 09 at 10:39
i,m after some front seats with armrests for me van,my question is would they fit out of a T3,would i have to modify them in any way,passenger seat in mine is a captains chair,also are there any other seats that would go in there,say out of a transit,them seats out of a Florida  or a Sven Hedin look class,i,ve been on german ebay but no luck,any advice fellas would be appreciated       spesh Big smile
mike38 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 09 at 11:05
I think you can mod most seats to fit if you want vw captains seats best to get a bank loan as they go for alot of money and we all want them lol.

Mike
Andy Mel View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 09 at 12:08
Strangely enough i just changed the seats in my van last week. I now have a set of saab 900 ones bolted in which are an unbelievable improvement!!
My van is a left hooker so i guess it will be a bit different for yourself, but i did find the passenger side of mine, your drivers, side was quite tight against the door with the new seat - i don't know how easily a wider seat with armrests would go? Fitting them was relatively easy, i used 6mm steel plate to adapt the subframes onto the vans fixings. It was about a days worth of work including a trip to the engineering firm who cut the plate for me. Total cost £30 for the seats, steel was scavenged and £10 to have it cut..bargain!
I've taken some photos of how it was done if that would help you?
Andy
Speshulbrew View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speshulbrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 09 at 12:15
yeah,cheers andy,fotos would be good              spesh
Andy Mel View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 09 at 13:03
give this a try!!

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/AndyMelleney/MYLT?feat=directlink

hopefully the images will help
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speshulbrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 09 at 13:43
ya seats look very nice Andy ?,and very comfortable,what model of Saab were they out of mate?(if it matters?) and how much would i expect to pay for a set?  ClapClap
Andy Mel View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 09 at 14:27
Hi Spesh,
saab seats have flat fixings for the subframe which makes things nice and easy, these particular ones were from a 900 apparently, but i would imagine most seats would be reasonably flat wouldn't they?? Maybe manufacturers like to design things the hard way!!

Mine were from ebay, there always seem to be some available there, prices seem to vary though..
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speshulbrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 09 at 14:47
thanks for the info Andy,i,m abroad with the army til aug,i,ll have a look around for some seats  when i get home,i ,m also on the lookout for a volvo turbo lump,ive got a bit of a shopping list goin on ha ha,thanks again mate                       spesh
kimbobill View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbobill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 09 at 09:30
here's a set on fleabay if anyone's interested

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Saab-Classic-900-front-seats_W0QQitemZ300321219812QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item45ec8a24e4&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A7|66%3A2|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A2|294%3A50

can someone tell me how to make the above into a link so you can click on it rather than cut and paste?

T4 Caravelle converting to a day van and still looking for an LT
BeJay View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 09 at 11:31
here ya go, is this what you mean saab 900 seats
NIL ILLIGITIMUS CARBORUNDUM
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speshulbrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 09 at 11:49
nice seats,am gunna have a look a bit closer to home ,now i know what.ll go in                 spesh
lt35man View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lt35man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 09 at 19:12
i have 2 leather seats from a ford dunno what model i found em but they went in with only slight modifications
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speshulbrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 09 at 05:41
nice one Lt man,gunna ave a look for sum saab seats when i return home      regards spesh
icky View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 09 at 12:48
I gave away some SAAB leather electric seats.
Just make sure you fit them properly - the guy who had fitted them in mine made a RIGHT hash job and they were just screwed through the rubber mat!

I have T3 seats in mine, they did slide straight in but I've had to move the runner over a couple of inches on the drivers' seat.
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speshulbrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 09 at 13:58
yeah cheers icky,a got some tips and fotos off andy melleny,looks like a faily straight forward job to do      regards spesh
 Post Reply Post Reply