The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Engine Upgrades
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1.6td HELP!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marky667 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1.6td HELP!!!
    Posted: 16 May 09 at 17:53
Hi All,

I'll introduce myself properly as soon as I have this problem fixed and I can get some decent pics etc up!!

I have a massive problem that I really need some help with -

basically I have a 1987 camper that some rougher grafted a 1.9 peugeot engine into very very shoddily. as a result it fell out, then the sketchy adapter plate he made broke and not the gear box is dear (all due to it being a bad bad bad conversion).

I have now bought a 4spd diesel g/box (the right one for the year) and am thinking about putting it back to a 1600td - basically I am looking for the engine, ancillaries and engine mounts -

or does anyone have another idea, I have to keep the cost down as much as possible, does anyone know of anyone who can supply a kit to dump an AAZ in? as I don't have the bits from the original engine you need. Or a similar kit to fit another type of engine?

Thank you in advance for your help

Mark

Sam View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 09 at 18:10
Mr Baxter over at Brickwerks should be bale to sort you out with everything you need, and it's top quliaty stuff from a nice bloke who really knows his stuff. Thumbs Up

jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 09 at 18:32
yup and this is the petrol section!!!! Wink

baxter will sort you out,

Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

marky667 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marky667 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 09 at 18:15
unfortuanetly he doesn't deal in second hand parts, best he could do is me get an AAZ and all the bits then he could fit it, its the other way round I need to do things :)

any other ideas...........

thanks

Mark
timmythedog View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

westy fetishist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timmythedog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 09 at 14:36
Buy a complete JX off ebay? There was one a few days ago. You need stuff that brickwerks may not have, ie the sump! You didn't buy your van in Aldershot by any chance?? Sounds like one I looked at and ran a mile.
Syncro doka td
T4 Multivan Generation, 151
89 Caravelle Exclusive 2.1
Caravelle GL AFN tdi
53 plate T4 Panel.888 special x factor.
88 DG Panel(uncut)
calypso Atlantic pop.
 Post Reply Post Reply