The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Engine Upgrades
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

golf 1z TDi immobiliser wiring

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 10 at 12:33
Apparently the key from Vw is expensive.
I was gonna offer the engine up for sale on here, But if I'm not able to get it running then I guess I'll break it up on e-bay.
Full Throttle View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full Throttle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 10 at 22:21
Originally posted by VW Nerd VW Nerd wrote:

I lost the key from my tdi conversion car, but found a local guy who managed to create a new chip from the immobiliser black box which he pluged into his lap top and got out the chip info.

So it can be done. My van now starts and runs using this new chip.
Pritty sure VW do it the same way but charge a few quid for the service and wont do it if you have no documents proving the vehicle is yours etc.

Where did your chap get the chip from ?
Had a look at my chip a while ago and dont remember seeing any contact pins, how did he program it with his laptop.
subwoofer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subwoofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 10 at 06:28
There are immobilizer emulators out there, costing about 50£ off the Interweb. Sounds like it is worth a shot? Then you don't need the immo box, nor the coded key, it simply works like any standalone ECU would.
Joachim

'90 Caravelle C Syncro w/ various mods and Megasquirt3 ECU
VW Nerd View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VW Nerd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 10 at 09:16
As I have had a T3 stolen in the past, I think it is well worth keeping the immobiliser. You also only need to look on the stolen van pages to see how much of a target our vans are these days.

I did not watch the guy create the chip for my key, I just let him get on and do his job.

I gave him the black box which he took into his van. 5>10 minutes later he came back with a cut key with a chip fitted to it.

I guess that he has a device to hold the chip while it is being programmed.

Developing parts for the VW T3 TDI market Inc flipped audi gearbox install parts.

Tim Shettle
www.ultimate-engineering.co.uk
Bristol

Tel/txt 07810 320 464

AFN TDI Panel Van
Tinman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 10 at 09:37

How much was is? and do you have his number??

VW Nerd View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VW Nerd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 10 at 14:07
I think it cost £100 for the key and chip

The guy is called Andy Morgan tel 07899043902

He may be able to come out to you at Radstock, if not drop your immobiliser box over to me and I'll get him to do it here. Don't forget to bring your van key for him to copy.

Tim

Developing parts for the VW T3 TDI market Inc flipped audi gearbox install parts.

Tim Shettle
www.ultimate-engineering.co.uk
Bristol

Tel/txt 07810 320 464

AFN TDI Panel Van
iow View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 10 at 18:20
Hi has any one used a KWP2000 chip programer on there TDI ? I am having problems with the one in my boat only seem to get half power ?
When I try to read info from ECU gives me number's of ECU but then tells me to pull fuse 11 and turn back on .That's as far as it goes it will net read the ECU it has got to point it is driving me nut's ant idea's any one ??
There must be a better way
Catalin_BN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catalin_BN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 16 at 17:57
Originally posted by Full Throttle Full Throttle wrote:

This works for vw golf 1.9 1z engined model yrs 1994/1995 with 68 pin ecu's

This enables you to remove the instrument cluster and still keep the immobiliser and electronic pump.

You will need the black box immobiliser, original key, ignition key transponder reader and the ecu from the same car.

How to wire the Black box immobiliser.

2  connectors

one is three pin the other is 6 pin. The 3 pin goes to the transponder reader.

The 6 pin connector is numbered if you look at the end of it. 1 to 6

So starting with pin 1

1= Black , connect this to a switched 12v i.e ignition

2 = Grey/ White, goes to the ecu

3 = Grey,  goes to  Diagnostic plug, but changes to a grey and white at the diagnostic plug end.

4 = Brown, Earth

5 = Not connected

6 = Brown, earth

Pin 1 was connected to the golf instrument cluster and got it's 12v feed from there.
If you removed the cluster( no 12v to pin 1) it would start for 3 seconds then stop.

If you use this information and it works for you please add what year and model of car you used.

This conversion is time consuming especially on the wiring side, so i would recommend you pay someone else to do it. when you work out how many hours it takes to do it, you soon realise it's worth the money.But if you are prepared for do it your self this info will help you get past the last stage. i.e getting it started for the first time.Big smile

This may work for vento's jettas etc, with a 1.9 1z tdi engine with 68 pin ecu's.

If you know how to get other vw tdi engines working electronically without instrument clusters etc that would be good info to add to this thread.

We all need help when doing conversions so it's only fair to put something back into the knowledge pool.

Anyway good luck and lets us know if it works for you.

Hello guys, I need some info because the Immo drives me crazy. I made a ecu / ip upgrade, I have 2 Ecu msa 15, with immo and everything. If i respect the wiring posted above, engine starts without chips near the coil. With vcds, immo box says that start is permitted, talks to ecu and key is not recognized. No matter how I do it, it won't kill the engine. Tell me that I'm crazy when everybody wants immo off, I want immo on... :)). I really need some info because if I look in every wiring diagram, pin 61 from ECU means Immo, or Immo and OBD line. So, that means pin 2 and 3 from immo box must be joined together and then to diagnostic plug? I'm correct ? Please help me clarify this!

No matter how I tried, I still get the same error from Immo box:
00546 - Data Wiring faulty: Implausible Signal

My current wiring, pin 61 from ecu goes to Immo box, pin 3 from immo box goes to diagnostic plug. - is this correct ? 

Edited by Catalin_BN - 26 Oct 16 at 12:51
Scimdiesel View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scimdiesel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 16 at 21:43
Please post if you find a solution.   Pre engine install I started the engine on the floor and it needed the chip to be near the ring in order to remain running.   After install I put all the immo stuff in a sealed box in the engine bay.    A few months later I thought i''d like an immobiliser and extended all the wires to the front. Went to start it and it started fine. I was quite relieved it still started except!!! The immo chip was no ware near the ring.   In fact I could disconnect the black box and starts and runs fine.    At the time a mentioned it on here and was told lots of the original ecu never had the immo part switched on. I've assumed since that the initial apparent working of the immo with the engine on the floor was actually just air in the ip.
Without engineers science is just philosophy..... Joined the revolution with a 18 year old TDI :

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catalin_BN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 16 at 13:25
I dont know what to say. First time I tried 2 ECU msa 15 and with both of them car started and then stopped after 2 seconds.
After the immo wiring, it doesn't matter if I have the box plugged or not still starts.
Same here, please if you find anything let me know.
PS What is the engine check light on msa 15? all wiring diagrams says is pin 61 for us models, well that does't work, my ecu is european. 
Scimdiesel View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scimdiesel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 16 at 14:26
Sounds exactly like mine.  I find it hard to believe that there is a get around the immobilizer by wiring the ECu or immobiliser wrong.   I was also told which may not be true that if the voltage is to low the engine might start then cut out again like if the immobilizer is activated.  In normal use the alternator would cut in and boost the voltage but when I started mine on the floor the engine had no belts on it.      

There is no engine check light on he European models.  The Glow plug light flashes angry if there is something worth being angry about.   

Maybe one day I will try a spare ECU, black box and chip and see what happens.   
Without engineers science is just philosophy..... Joined the revolution with a 18 year old TDI :

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catalin_BN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 16 at 10:19
I tried 2 ECU and 2 immo boxes and it is the same thing. Tried pin 60 and yes, it works as the CEL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234