The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ur Van Conversion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lizdancing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 10 at 21:52
That looks wicked!! inspiring to see! Encourages me to think about doing a conversion some day! NIce one!
Liz
LT28, 1984 engine,
Andy K View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 10 at 15:08

Very impressive cnycl! That interior looks top quality..

Well done.

Andy

ps. I'm liking the colour! ;)

Edited by Andy K - 21 Jun 10 at 15:09
Nessie - 1985 LT40, 2.4 Petrol (6 Cyl) - Gone but not forgotten..
cnycl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cnycl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 10 at 16:06
Thanks for all replies.
We camped for the first time in this van this weekend (700km trip to the north egean coast of Turkey for 2 days).
Everything worked fine, interior design proved to be very usable with lots of storage and living space.
I will add a vertical closet next to sink to place spice jars etc. which will also virtually seperate sitting/bedding area from cooking part.

Regards,

jcaprani View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcaprani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 10 at 00:50
Rough and ready job done with a lot of free and recycled materials, particularly plywood and underfloor. Had to buy paint, lighting, batteries etc new; space age insulation a gift from a very generous friend! Still a work in progress, the cab exterior and box interior will both be getting a fresh coat of white.

Edited by jcaprani - 17 Nov 10 at 23:19
chiselgod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chiselgod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 10 at 23:08
fair play mate. crackin job there!
jcaprani View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcaprani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 10 at 23:18

That was a few months ago, he looks a lot smarter now!
pno View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 11 at 22:45
I found out today that my LT isn't actually a horsebox conversion, it used to be a cookie/bread delivery van back in the day!

All I need to do now is track down some new back doors for it!

Just moved it off the road for the winter, I'll whack some photos up next time I go over the bridge to work on it
Heath Robinson View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heath Robinson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 11 at 11:34
Here's a photo of my kitchen unit. I'll get a few pics of the rest when I pull my finger out.

The outer cupboard door opens to support a chopping board/worktop extension, which is handy.

I've clad the whole thing in ply, over rockwool and that ally/bubblewrap stuff, and put a caravan roof doings over the kitchen, and a big lexan boat hatch above the bed.
There's all the wiring for 4 circuits of dimmable LED lights and the stereo/telly behind the boards, and 3 batteries and fuses etc below the bed.
I need to put in a wardrobe and shelves at the back, and a little unit above the sink, for easy-access tea and coffee etc, and also I must get the woodburner in and awning on if i want to use it this winter.
kev View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 12 at 08:55
Hi, this is my first post so bear with me! Picking my first LT up tomoro, bit of a project job. will try and post pics later!!
snappa View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snappa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 12 at 22:57
hi Mikejack, was your LT a minibus ? only the original interior looks like mine, have plans to convert to camper as well.
91 LT31 2.4 LWB Devon bus 13,000 mls,   85 LT31 2.4, LWB Camper conversion.           88 BX GTI 34,000
snappa View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snappa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 12 at 23:10
WOW great van, great conversion, hope i can do as well.
91 LT31 2.4 LWB Devon bus 13,000 mls,   85 LT31 2.4, LWB Camper conversion.           88 BX GTI 34,000
jamielt91 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamielt91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 12 at 19:20
i like going to look cool Clap
beneedle67 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beneedle67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 13 at 15:41
Hi All,

Things are slowly progressing re our Austrian Fire Brigade LT35 Bus - the purpose of it's purchase being to convert to a camper. 

I have been trawling through posts trying to get an idea of your conversions which look pretty impressive and I must admit somewhat daunting. But I get 'lost' in the pictures and can't really visualise what you've done

Would any of you who have done a conversion be happy to share your basic plan/drawings of your layout? Or do any of you know if there are plans out there either in books or on the net specific to LTs

I am after doing something clean, simple and functional - bed, a table, something to cook on, a little fridge.

I'd really appreciate any layout plans if any of you were happy to do that.

Thank you. Best Ben

Ben Eedle
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 13 at 16:23
You may have already seen this site, but there are a huge number of variations on a theme.

1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
mr sly View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr sly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 13 at 11:29
hi iv posted befor this is harry our lt 28 6 pot petrol 
iv since gutted it and am in midddle of much needed metal work befor a interior refit 

all hand painted outside my home with ratiator rolloers and masking tape the the art work is actually acriylic poster paint sealed with lacker done for a favour my good freind mervin beaver
 he used to pain t shirts for £ 15 at Run to the Sun back in the 8o's
 and at the guy with the bmw i have a recon 4 pot cylnder head sitting dooing nothing for the just 1600cc 2 door car like that one only not convertable got it from glouster and never used it.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12