The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Jumble > For Sale
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - '69 Bug £1100 ratty, low, BRM's & long MOT!! SOLD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed'69 Bug £1100 ratty, low, BRM's & long MOT!! SOLD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: '69 Bug £1100 ratty, low, BRM's & long MOT!! SOLD
    Posted: 13 Apr 09 at 22:11
Apologies for the non T3 sale-type, but I know some of you faithful T3 owners also like a good nose around the other motors.

This is a 1969 (tax exempt) RHD 1300 beetle, with a 1600cc camper engine. I've had it for about 5 years now and it's been sat off the road for the last 2 until recently. However, it's time it has to go so it had a new MOT at the end of last year. It only needed some minor electrics (switches and bulbs etc) and new brake shoes to pass due to lack of use more than anything - not bad for a 40 year old car! It has new tyres to the front which have only done a couple of hundred miles, if that. I've also changed the manifold gaskets, engine-gearbox seal, plugs, leads and oil. Everything works! It starts like a whistle - I'm getting some running issues sorted out at the moment and will make sure it's back to it's usual reliable running self. It's rarely caused me any problems and only playing up cos it's been sitting still for a while, it's probably the most reliable vdub i've owned, the usual few drips of oil underneath but keep it topped up and all is well.

The underneath is absolutely solid - had a photo rebuild previous to me owning it which i have along with other bits of history and the usual mot, repairs, parts, papers etc. So no holes or lack of floorpan whatsoever - you don't get many solid bugs underneath like this one at the price! Engine bay clean and tidy, will add some more photos when get a chance, interior clean other than headlining gone underneath rear window and no drivers side door panel (will replace this if i can find one!).

It's biggest downside is it's cosmetics, depending on how you look at it i guess! The surface paint is very shabby and needs some love. It has one small hit and run knock to the front - so i replaced the bonnet which is now yellow Ouch (no dent anymore though) and the drivers side front wing has a dent which needs to be popped out (see photo - minimal damage really, nothing structural had it checked). When it had it's rebuild by the previous owner it had a bad respray and wasn't left to dry properly - meaning most of the body has small pits and just a lot of general wethering. I had the roof repaired and a new coat of grey primer to treat, this is coming through again but you'll see again it's only surface - no holes here!

There is little bad rust whatsoever, the majority is all surface and with some money spent or skills inhand can turn this into a very decent bug! Or if you want to drive around in a ratter for the summer then this is perfect. The worst is the front drivers side floor pillar which has got a small hole - this will need repair at some point although was not an issue at MOT so can't be that bad. The rest though is all surface and just needs a good refresh - a very good blank canvas and I didn't want to cover it up then sell it on false pretenses, this is a genuine bug.

The plus points are that it's actually a pretty cool looking bug, ratty n all - it's been lowered with adjustable pumas to the front so it enjoys a hard-looking nose down stance and sits on 4 spoke BRM replicas worth a few hundred with the tyres alone.

It has an empi twin pack exhuast which is nice and loud and it also sports a smart US hot-rod wood rim steering wheel.

I've loved this bug for years but now it has to go to someone who has the time and devotion to make it special, the advantage is she's road legal so will be a good daily driver if you wish - rolling projects are perfect for some.

I'm asking £1100 to take her away, am planning to take her to some shows this year - peppercorn, hop farm and maybe stonor if i still have it. Looking for general interest initially, it's parked up in kent at the moment, I live in London thus the need she has to go! but will be available for viewings soon when the engine is running sweet!

Any questions please call Jamie 07977243402.

Cheers, will add some more photos when the engine's sorted (soon!) The ones below are in the rain - i'll need to show some dry shots and closeups of what's going on with the paint.

Any questions just ask.

Edited by Custard Nights - 11 Jun 09 at 12:17
T3 Military Style
Custard Nights View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 09 at 22:23

Edited by Custard Nights - 13 Apr 09 at 22:25
T3 Military Style
Muthafunka View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie