The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

porsche cayenne seats fit T5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeewilliamsT5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: porsche cayenne seats fit T5
    Posted: 11 Apr 09 at 13:58
Hi all, looking for a bit of advice, a chap by me is selling a pair of front seats out of a porsche cayenne and I was wondering if these will fit my T5? Not so much the bolting down but the electrics, would these plug into the existing loom blocks under my seats now or would they have to be modified to suit by a motor electrician? Regards. Lee
Lwilliams
MultiplexMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MultiplexMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 09 at 21:04
Mate,

That looks like a bargain!  As to wiring, it will depend on your T5.  Do you have power going to your seat blocks at the moment?  I would doubt it will be "plug and play".

You will need power feed for the servo motors (assuming full electric assist seats), and a separate fused power supply for the seat heaters. 

The seat heaters will need switches (rheostats) for temp control.  You can do this with VAG switches as they are readily available.  This is straight forward as many retro fit seat heaters to the standard seats.

I can't comment on seat position memory.  I'm not sure how/where settings are stored - in the Highline computer or locally in the seat ?

Cheers, MM

EDIT: Do the Cayenne seats have airbags?

Edited by MultiplexMan - 11 Apr 09 at 21:05
Ruds View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 09 at 21:19
Its a cool idea if it works! Please keep us up to date
LeewilliamsT5 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeewilliamsT5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 09 at 09:52
Yeah will do, thanks for the input.
Lwilliams
gason View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 09 at 13:57
that would be the bollock keep us posted
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeewilliamsT5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 09 at 13:25
Gents, went to look at them seats and they were great but just to big for the T5 bases so sadly I had to give them a miss. Might go down the avenue of 911 seats next.
Lwilliams
Ruds View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 09 at 18:01
Keep us posted! It's always interesting to hear what people do to their T5's, It's something I would like to look into in the future. I'm tempted by some low key (not too extreme) bucket seats but I'm not sure what I would do without my arm rests?!
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeewilliamsT5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 09 at 11:25
Thats what i've been thinking, armrests are a godsend for those long journeys. But trying to find a decent reasonably priced set is like trying to find rocking horse muck. The hunt is still on for the right seats. I'll let you know how I get on Yardie.
Lwilliams
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 09 at 19:17

I know what you mean about the captains seat prices.  Somone told me a drivers seat went recently for £360!  There are a pair on flebay at the moment if anyone is interested, not inca pattern though.

How do you make the hyperlink feature work?  Embarrassed 

2004 2.5 174
Gilo-T5 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gilo-T5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 18 at 13:23
Masssiiiive thread revival here, had a set of these sat in my garage for almost two years! The wiring put me off, each seat got its own ECU and although the seller kindly supplied two length of loom with the plugs attached it’s not helped much (each loom is a thick as a child’s arm)

Has anyone got the know how to get these up and running ??
 Post Reply Post Reply