The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Brickie's Arms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'Kin shitters...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 'Kin shitters...
    Posted: 18 Mar 09 at 13:22
In November my family clubbed together and (for my birthday in December) bought me two tickets to go and watch Wales vs Ireland (Six Nations) at the Millenium Stadium...
The tickets were bought and payed for on-line through a "reputable" company. Everything was confirmed by the company. I was extremely chuffed with my pressie.
All that remained was for the company to send the tickets...
Obviously, back in November, the Ticket Vendors wouldn't have realised what an exciting climax to the the Championship the last match would be...

As the time drew closer and we'd not received the tickets I grew a little anxious but my son, who has dealt with the firm before when buying tickets to football matches etc, assured me that they'd be here...

Last night my son told me that he'd received an e-mail saying that
Originally posted by Wankers Wankers wrote:

Unfortunately, our ticket suppliers couldn't source any tickets for the match. We are sorry for the short notice but we have been trying to find another source for tickets...

So when they took my family's money in November, they didn't have any tickets?
When I checked the Welsh Rugby Union site in January all tickets were sold out then.

Could it be that that the company my son dealt with, realising that the game is so important, have become Ticket Touts and got a better price (elsewhere) for MY tickets?

Feckin wanker basturds  Angry  Angry
monsho View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monsho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 09 at 13:27
There's been loads about this sort of thing on the Radio recently, properly dodgy going's on with ticket resellers...  They won't have had the tickets when you bought them probably.

shits.
rogerthecat View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
official aa mascot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 09 at 13:36
Having read how chuffed you were to get this present in a post around Christmas time it must be a huge disappointment. I would be just the tiniest bit miffed.

My guess is that they oversold their allocation, if they had an allocation int he first place.
As Andy says there is a lot of media coverage about this.
You need to check their T&Cs because if the knowingly sold you something that they did not own it is fraudulent and you can pursue them. However, I would guess that in the small print you may find that your son will have bought the opportunity to have a ticket rather than the guarantee of a ticket.

However, whatever the legalities of it, you must be fuming.

The only consolation being that you can now watch England win the Calcutta Cup  Wink
T3 Westy, T3 Syncro (the ScoobyVelle), New Beetle Cab, 2 x Polos - I have too many projects
DavidPallister View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidPallister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 09 at 15:38
Most tickets are sold through rugby clubs, so the best way to get tickets is to join a club (or marry a girl whose parents used to run a club, like i'm doing Big smile)

Dave
Jnyis View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jnyis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 09 at 16:00
If it wasn't for touts creaming all the tickets in the first place there maybe a chance of the honest person getting tickets. But to pay for them and be told you haven't go them just stinks. Specially when you know some fu*!er is selling them outside for between £500 and £1000.

The whole system of ticket buying is just wrong and out of control for gigs, sport etc

J Angry
I couldn't find the sports car of my dreams, so I built it myself (Ferdinand Porsche).

Post Reply Post Reply