The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Jumble > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

exchange T4 pedalboxes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wind welder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: exchange T4 pedalboxes
    Posted: 06 Mar 09 at 11:56
Hi All,

Hope I'm not breaking any forum"rules" by posting this, if I am please delete it!

I have been doing this on another forum for a while, Am tending to visit this forum more and more,. That one less and less!

So I thought I would offer members on her the same "deal".

You may or may not know that there is a "problem" with all T4 pedal boxes (unless you have an automatic)

The mounting/support for the Clutch master cylinder is prone to breaking.  In the worst case the clutch will fail to work, the footwell can fill with brake/clutch fluid, and the master cylinder and pipework can need replacing.Cry

If your pedalbox creaks, gears are harder to smoothly engage, the pedal travel has changed, then stick your head in the footwell  press the clutch pedal by hand and watch for any movement from the clutch master cylinder. if it moves at all then there is a problem.

If you are interested.

please feel free to email me at:-

Cheers  Trev.
T4 pedal box exchange service
07989 403806
trevor.miles@catchfire.co.uk
Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 09 at 12:17

If it's a "deal" Trev put a price on it please and i'll move this to the For Sale forum.

Cheers.
wind welder View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wind welder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 09 at 18:07
Hi Steve,

Sorry!

£40.00 +postage £11.00 (parcelforce 48)£15.00 (parcelforce 24)

Cheers  Trev.

Edited by wind welder - 16 Apr 09 at 19:40
07989 403806
Tumble View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tumble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 09 at 12:57
hi mate spoke to you some time last year, have you got these in stock? mine wouldn't be worth exchanging. could i collect to save the delivery fee?
T4 Syncro 2.5tdi
Swesty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 09 at 20:58
How difficult to replace?
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wind welder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 09 at 18:57
Originally posted by Tumble Tumble wrote:

hi mate spoke to you some time last year, have you got these in stock? mine wouldn't be worth exchanging. could i collect to save the delivery fee?

Hi,

I do have several of the early type in stock, all my later type ones are out on exchange at present, they should be back early next week.

If you have an early type (pre "T" reg) then I may well be able to sell one outright. If it's a later type then it's strictly exchange only. 

Why do you say yours won't be worth exchanging??

You can always pop up to West Huntspill and I'll make a descision.

Cheers  Trev.

07989 403806
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wind welder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 09 at 19:02
Originally posted by Swesty Swesty wrote:

How difficult to replace?

Hi Swesty,

Here's how to do it!

It's fiddly to replace, not difficult!

It comes out from the inside of the van!

There are 4 nuts that hold the servo on from inside,(these are equally spaced around the brake rod where it go's through the bulkhead.)

Then there are 2 bolts that are right at the top of the bracket, there is not too much room to move a spanner but a socket with a short extension will do the job.

The 2 bolts that hold the clutch master cylinder are fairly obvious.

Remove the clip that holds the actuating rod for the brake rod.

And the one for the clutch too!

There is one bolt located in the engine bay at the bottom of the servo on it's centre line.
The one you can see when you look into the engine bay is NOT the one you want, it's further under the servo!!!

The bracket should come out now, disconnect the fly by wire throttle wires at the multi plug and the brackets free.

There is a spring and white plastic rod that will fall into the footwell as you remove the box this comes from the top of the clutch pedal and slides over a rod that stays in the van (you will understand when you see it)

If you need to remove the pedals they can now be removed. It may not look like they can be removed but they all can. VW must have a special department that just designs funky clips

Tools needed are:-

13mm ring spanner
13 mm deep socket
8mm socket or ring spanner (only with late fly by wire systems)
ratchet for socket,
extensions for socket,
screwdriver to release clips,
phillips screwdriver to remove lower steering wheel shroud.

Hope that helps!

Cheers  Trev.
07989 403806
Tumble View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tumble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 09 at 23:19
Originally posted by wind welder wind welder wrote:

Originally posted by Tumble Tumble wrote:

Hi,

I do have several of the early type in stock, all my later type ones are out on exchange at present, they should be back early next week.

If you have an early type (pre "T" reg) then I may well be able to sell one outright. If it's a later type then it's strictly exchange only. 

Why do you say yours won't be worth exchanging??

You can always pop up to West Huntspill and I'll make a descision.

Cheers  Trev.

ok mate, next time im passing ill give you a bell.
its a late one.
it looks like its broke before and then bodged, and now broke again.
T4 Syncro 2.5tdi
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wind welder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 09 at 21:44
Hi,

I have one back from exchange if you are passing anytime soon.

Cheers  Trev.
07989 403806
Tumble View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tumble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 09 at 14:26
that how to is great, thanks trev.

im removing mine today as i broke another master cylinder last night, got a new one on order from vag, will drop mine the broke one round when im that way next
T4 Syncro 2.5tdi
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wind welder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 09 at 08:50
Hi,

no problem whenever you are passing.

I can either exchange it, or fit it for you.

Cheers Trev.
07989 403806
pimpdriver View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pimpdriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 09 at 07:27
Had my pedal box exchanged and fitted by Trevor a couple of weeks ago, top bloke, definitely knows what he is doing, and how to overcome VW's design flaws.

Many thanks,

Steve (the T4 Caravelle full of kids!!!!)
its gert lush.........
 Post Reply Post Reply