The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How do I change the sidelight bulbs?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gino DCV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 20 at 16:38
Hi,
Im going tochange the little bulb within the headlights on my T6.1 what id like to ask is this going to cause me any headaches? ive already changed the inner lights the DRL for LED and they are awesome changes the look completely love em, ive got osram night breaker headlights and now i have these horrible little bulbs within the headlight that look awful so if there are any issues hopefully someone will let me know. Thanks Big smile
Jp
gregozedobe View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregozedobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 20 at 05:19
If you are replacing a halogen bulb with an LED you might need a resistor to fool the Can network from giving you an error msg (I had to do that on my 2008 Octavia, but it wasn't needed for my 2006 T5 van).

LED globes use so much less current the error detection system thinks the bulb must be blown.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123