The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

what size is steering wheel nut?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Limited Access
Limited Access

Lorem ipsum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what size is steering wheel nut?
    Posted: 02 Feb 09 at 16:15
anyone know what size the nut on which holds the steering wheel on is?

it's bigger than anything i've got in my socket set, so i'm going to have to buy a socket to fit it.

i need to get the steering wheel off to overhaul the windscreen wiper switch.  my windscreen wipers dinnae work;  i've already tested the motor is fine, by running a lead to it directly and also checked there are no breaks in any of the wires leading from the steering column to the windscreen wiper motor, so i'm assuming there's something awry inside the wipers switch itself.
t'onion View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t'onion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 09 at 22:39
24mm , i think , can check it in the morning for you 
LT28 Westfalia FloRida, 2.4 diesel

miserable fooker

madra View Drop Down
Limited Access
Limited Access

Lorem ipsum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 09 at 19:18
you were spot on.

i just bought a 24mm socket today, so i can get that steering wheel off and see what's up with the window wiper switches at the weekend
 Post Reply Post Reply