The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fog light, What fog light???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

early morning troll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZUB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fog light, What fog light???
    Posted: 10 Jan 09 at 08:09

I have a 1988 LT28 td that I brought back from Germany in november.  I'm about to register the van then have it MOT'd,  I have a fog light switch on the dash, when switched on,  the yellow light on the switch lights up and thats all. (I know that Germany don't need fog lights)  Has anyone come across the same problem, if so could you let me know if wires/fittings are in the light cluster,  (so I can take power from there) or do I have to fit an add on fog light,  then take a wire back to the switch. Oh, if so where about will I find the best place to bring the wires into the van??    

Thanks Ian
I'm a bell end
rockradio View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockradio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 09 at 10:09
On my van the fog light is fitted on the right rear very low down under the bumper, so there should be a wire there if you can find it. If you can't find it, then it should be ok to run a single rear 21 watt fog lamp from that switch, but I don't think it would handle front fogs without a relay. Perhaps someone else knows if it can handle front fogs too.

Hope this gives you a clue.
LT35 camper 1987 2.4 litre 6 pot diesel, DW engine, no turbo, no PAS.
ZUB View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

early morning troll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZUB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 09 at 12:25
HI,
    Thanks for the info,  I will have a look later,  once the frost has gone. Regards Ian 
I'm a bell end
caveman_dick View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caveman_dick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 09 at 16:12
That's one hefty box you got on the back!! Has it go any maker's marks? Been looking for something like that for ages!!
ZUB View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

early morning troll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZUB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 09 at 16:46

Hi, I have looked all over the box but haven't found any make model or name anywhere.
Try looking on www.ebay.de/   its the best place to find all sorts of LT parts too,  I seen a box like mine on there in December. I translate using google. Regards Ian

I'm a bell end
caveman_dick View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caveman_dick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 09 at 17:24
Ok thanks for looking!
ZUB View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

early morning troll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZUB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 09 at 16:43
Hi Rockradio,  I found the rear fog light wire under the rear of the van,  (was on the left side though, as its LHD)  fog light is now on the van and working fine thanks. Just shows how handy this forum really is. Thanks again Ian
I'm a bell end
 Post Reply Post Reply