The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Door window dropped down

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

early morning troll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZUB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Door window dropped down
    Posted: 11 Dec 08 at 16:15

I was wondering if somebody could give me some advice, if possible? I Bought an LT28 Turbo Diesel from Germany 4 weeks ago,  we did 965miles in total and 7 miles from home the passenger window dropped down, got it back up (now wedged with 2 pegs) I just haven't got a clue how to fix it. Can anyone help me please?   

I'm a bell end
mike38 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 08 at 20:08
Get your door trim off 2 screws in the handle i behind the winder arm cover and 1 behind the lever you pull to open the door its behind a little cover then pop the trim off .Have a look at the bottom of the glass see if it has a metal bracket still attached with 2 10mm bolts if it has undo the bolts take it off and if you look at it you will see it has a slot like a square keyhole in it .Find the plastic bit that goes up and down on the winder mech and slide the metal key hole bit back on over it wind it up to meet your glass and bolt it back on .Well that is what mines done in the past or your mech could be knackered which case you need a new 1 good luck finding one iam still looking for a drivers side .

Mike
ZUB View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

early morning troll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZUB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 08 at 22:39
Thanks for the information Mike, I'll give it a try (you make it sound so easy!!!!)  Have you looked on Ebay.de (German Ebay) for what you need, thats where I found my van. They have loads of parts for sale on there, a lot more than our Ebay. Thanks again Mike. Regards Ian 
I'm a bell end
team french View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote team french Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 08 at 09:13
ive got some spare winders(one for each side) i changed my doors and stripped the olds before scrapping them. one off a t3 might fit if you want a brand new one. but like i said, MIGHT!!!
1978 2litre LT28 abbomination!!!!
ZUB View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

early morning troll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZUB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 08 at 22:50
Hi Team French, could I ask if you still have the winding mechanisms, or have they been snapped up already?  Thanks to the info given, I have got the window back up fully. I noticed that as the window gets to the top the mechanism twists and pops out. If you still have them how much do you want for the pair. Regards Ian
I'm a bell end
team french View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote team french Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 08 at 23:18
yep, still got em, they are off a 1978 van tho, i replaced the doors with ones from a 93(ish) van and they fitted so i cant see them changing the winders if they havent changed the doors!!!

if you pm me we can go from there if you still want them
1978 2litre LT28 abbomination!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply