The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Eberspacher Fuse - where is it?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote springonion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eberspacher Fuse - where is it?
    Posted: 08 Dec 08 at 12:00
Hi ,

Well I went outside over the weekend and tried to start my heater up but nothing. I've had it before where the control panel lights are on but the thing clicks off. That was down to not enough grunt in the battery but is sorted if you start the engine.

The thing that happened this weekend was that the fan started up blowing out cold air then it just died. Not suddenly but sorted of faded out. Now its as if there is no power to the heater timer unit (nothing on the display) and the temperature controller (no LED comes on).

I'm thinking the first thing to do is check the fuse but I don't know where it is. There's also a controller unit under the seat which I'm thinking it might be as the power sort of faded out as opposed to just stopping which a blown fuse would do. Best I check the fuse first though.

Can anyone tell me where I can find the fuse please? Also does anyone have any other ideas what I can do to try and find what the problem is. The kids and wife are getting cold in it and that means earache from the missus for me Smile

Its fitted to a 1990 T3 Westfalia Atlantic 1.6 TD.

cheers

T3 Westfalia California Atlantic 1.6 TD (1990 LHD)
dub dub campers View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dub dub campers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 08 at 12:33
Behing drivers seat little back box on side wall of van before kitchen cupboard, two fuses, 1 of them will be for eberspacher
Stu.
dub dub
Stuart Roper,
Lampeter, Mid Wales
07966 270767,
dubdubcampers@aol.com
springonion View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote springonion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 08 at 13:06
Originally posted by dub dub campers dub dub campers wrote:

Behing drivers seat little back box on side wall of van before kitchen cupboard, two fuses, 1 of them will be for eberspacher
Stu.

Ah thats Brilliant Stu,

cheers for that

SteveS View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 08 at 19:46
Also there is a control box under the seat, silver unit with lots of heavy wires, there is a fuse in that too, it is accessible by unscrewing a black cap from underneath the unit.
Steve

Full Service, LPG conversions, Security and Camper Accessories.

atlanticed View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atlanticed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 09 at 19:28
Yeh my diesel eber just stopped working...
Control panel/display all ok...
Fan blowing on 'cool' mode ok...

Made clicking noises from under the seat, but no fire up or fan.

Pulled everything apart under the seat and cleaned. Good voltage to 'silver' eber control box (12 ish volts). Checked underneath the van - ok.

The fuse had blown in the silver 'Eberspacher' box under the rear seat. Replaced with random fuses we had about. After a couple more blew, it now works...? I will get a correct fuse, as I'm not sure of the 'value' of this fuse now in there...

Hope this works for you...

(Does anyone know why does this fuse blows, and where i can get a correct replacement)...?

90 Westy Atlantic Pop-Top TD
91 Golf Sportline Cab
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 09 at 20:45
What model is it?
Eg.
An airtronic d2 is 20a
             d4 is 10a
             d1LE is 25a
etc.

Edited by oldiebut goodie - 12 Feb 09 at 20:51
springonion View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote springonion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 09 at 12:28
Cheers for that guys - I'll check in the silver box bit as well then. Sounds like it might be that.

oldiebut goodie: cheers for the info. Stupid question here but how do I find out which model it is? I've been trying to do this so I can download the manual and details from the eberspacher website but none of them look exactly like mine.

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 09 at 13:39
There should be a plate/sticker on it - usually on the top.May be on the side. Model no should be the first item (heizgerat typ or some such inscription)
Looking at the what was factory fitted to westfalias:
joker,mosaic,sven hedin,james cook, marco polo,all had d2l s fitted - no mention of atlantics though.
illbrook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illbrook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 18 at 12:31
I have the exact same problem on my '90 LHD westy Atlantic hightop. Did you get it sorted and if so what was the reason? Would be great to know. Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply