The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T4 Section. > T4 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Newbie - Power Question - Searched

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200bhp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newbie - Power Question - Searched
    Posted: 28 Nov 08 at 09:53
Hi,

I've been reading loads of posts as I was hoping to get a T5 but after a days reading with my £4k budget I think I'm safer with a T4.

I have the usual problem with the search not working down to 3 digits.

I'm looking for a LWB  2.5 TDi but how can I tell if its the 88 or 102 bhp model ?

I see ads refering to 'Blue i' I presume thats the 88 ?

I've called a few sellers and asked and they say they don't know so is it on the service book / door shut or just obvious under the bonnet (intercooler ?)

Thanks

Mark
Discodave View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Discodave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 08 at 18:23
the engine code for the 102 is ACV, i forget what the 88 code is, but the easiest way is to look under the bonnet, the 102 has the intercooler, the 88 doesn't
Tints-N-Chips View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tints-N-Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 08 at 18:29
If you can, hold out for the 102Wink
200bhp View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200bhp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 08 at 19:20
Cheers I guessed the difference might be the Intercooler.

Is the 'Blue i' the 88 and the 'red i' the 102 ?

Rest assured I'll only get the 102... and then chip it.

:)
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tints-N-Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 08 at 20:00
You can tell by the badges, blue I = 88 a lot of the vans are debadged or have had them nicked, look out for the intercooler
m666blp View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Dude

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m666blp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 08 at 08:07
rather than chipping it alone , you would be much better off by firstly getting a 102 hp for sure , then get bigger injector nozzles and then get it mapped .

200bhp View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200bhp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 08 at 09:54
Bigger inj ?

Never seen that mentioed before, what are they from / cost and how much benefit ?

I know it'll never be fast but its handy having a bit more power.

Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tints-N-Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 08 at 11:24
If you upgrade the injectors and bodies, then get it custom mapped you can easily achieve a reliable 150bhp from a 102, same with the 88, but its more expensive as you have to fit an intercooler also. A lot of the German vans are 150bhp, there are very few in the uk though.
team french View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote team french Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 08 at 13:00
search for project power on the t4 forum

Edited by team french - 30 Nov 08 at 13:00
1978 2litre LT28 abbomination!!!!
m666blp View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Dude

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m666blp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 08 at 08:34
a lot of benefit . 150 hp attained easily from a 102 hp , TBH my man this forum is ace for wedge (T3) stuff ,it would be good to pay a visit to the T4forum as all this info is covered in mahoosive detail .

basically

£500 in a 102 hp T4 to the right people give you a fast van , check the project power thread out .
Tee4 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
I'm not indecisive,or am I?You bet I am!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 08 at 14:38

Ive got a 102bhp. Its going in for a full stainless exhaust tommorow with decat. I am blanking the egr, have a tuning block etc. Then Im going bigger injectors and may look into a bigger intercooler. Ive no idea what this will produce power wise but should be good

Post Reply Post Reply