The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

body filler

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfzone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: body filler
    Posted: 13 Nov 08 at 21:28
Hi All
Can some help with a good body filler after welding,I have paint in rust-oleum 3 in one
 I have been reading 80-90 forum.So I will be reading up on make interior and the rock and roll bed from JK .
                                           thanks surfzone
can you weld outside a house on a drive way  Disapprove
mike38 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 08 at 07:57
Dont know if its a good filler but i have used in the past with no problems isopon p38 as for welding outside i have no option and have done all my welding in the street on the car park so far had no complaints but is a bit tricky now as when ever i even go out to wash the van i get a gang of little chavvy kids saying what u doin constantly .

Mike
AndyT View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 08 at 13:14
Isopon p38/p40 is good stuff but pricy if you are doing a lot of filling.
You can buy commercial products for about a third of the cost, and I've never had a problem with either providing you do the preparation properly.

As to welding, yes you can and most of us have to cos LT's don't fit into most garages.
Just make sure you shield the area from nosy kids cos they will certainly be around.

You might want to check out the welding topics, to see what equipment people use etc.

Andy
LT28 1979 2.0 Pampas Nevada Camper LPG 93K, 1980 T3 A/C Camper 98K,1994 RRC 3.9 LPG 120k , 1998 Audi A6 Est 2.5 V6 diesel 127k

surfzone View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfzone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 08 at 15:38
Hi All
Thanks for the information i will phone a auto paint shop
       thanks surfzone  SmileSmileSmile
team french View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote team french Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 08 at 15:43
always thought you should fill on bare metal and not paint
1978 2litre LT28 abbomination!!!!
surfzone View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfzone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 08 at 17:58
Hi All
yes I no looking for filler before paint the camper going round paint shop Monday
one of the paint/sprayer are going to run throw some pointers on prepping the camper
sanding down paintwork cleaning bodywork .
                                will keep you updated
                                                          surfzone
 Post Reply Post Reply