The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2.4 head gasket

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kennyabs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2.4 head gasket
    Posted: 28 Oct 08 at 21:00
hi ime new to the forum and to owning a lt and  all the bad reports about dodgy heads have come true for me
does anyone have any tips on doing the headgasket anything to look out for mines a 2.4 turbo
cheers
mike38 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 08 at 21:14
If you do a search you will find a post i did with links to some pics i had to do mine about 3weeks ago some tool had left a head bolt loose when they had done it hopefully its all sorted now done a few miles since i done it and its been spot on .If you are ok on the spanners its not to much of a job i stripped mine friday afternoon and had it all rebuilt and running saturday i would say the only tricky bit is making sure the timing is all marked and put back right bottom pully is a twat to undo without the propper tool you will need to make one or you will not undo the bolt its 450nm you dont need this off if not changing the belt but its best to change the belt while doing a job like this good luck mate and welcome to the board.

Mike
 Post Reply Post Reply